The night we met (not complete)

- Darcy -

I awaken with the slightest sound of chirping arising from the distance, another day of absolutely nothing. The days get worse.

I turn to see the clock.. 7:23am!

"Shit" I mumbled to myself while trying to pull the courage to get out of bed! I have another day of school, finals and stress in general. Not to mention today's the day Jack (my brother) leaves for New York, it's always been his dream along with mine that is. We used to talk for hours on end about buying an apartment for the two of us and everything we would do together, but my parents.. my dad that is will be alone and I couldn't bare that thought.

Our mum left soon after she got a divorce with my father, I was only young then so I don't remember her very well...

A small knock on the door pulled me out of the train of thoughts racing through my head, "come in" I said in a groggy voice.. stood in the
doorframe was a boy.. blonde hair, blue eyes

Jack.
no wonder he gets all the girls attention he's an alright looking lad. And I say that in a sisterly way!

"Wake up!" Was the last thing I heard until I was being squashed by his feet bouncing on my bed, there was secretly part of me that wanted him to fall off to give me a bit of entertainment. 

After about 2 minutes he jumped of the bed and walked out. No context just walked through the door!

I stood up frantically, the whole place was spinning. I quickly grab the bed to keep me stable.. did I eat last night?!

I finally grab some clothes out of my closet, I grab a charcoal coloured top with "California" written in the middle, while looking for pants I find a white long sleeved top to go underneath. Perfect. Then I find some black ripped mom jeans! I take them all and shove them onto the counter in the bathroom

I strip down and turn the shower on, I set it to just over room temperature, perfect for me!

Once I get out I immediately dry myself off to avoid almost freezing to death, dramatic I know but it's a bad feeling!

I get dressed into my outfit and throw on my basic makeup routine, this consisted of mascara, concealer, outline to my eyebrows, small winged eyeliner and lipgloss!

I quickly look in the oversized mirror checking I look okay.. I look at my body and I've never felt so disgusting. Words come into my head from what the girls at school tell me

"Fat whore" "ugly bitch"  and the worst to me "trainwreck"

They might not sound horrible but me being sensitive they do, they get to me massively. I've never wanted to tell anyone or open up to anyone but my best friend. Lottie. She has been there since kindergarten. Always had my back and I love her so much!

I realised the time.. "8:20am". I have 10 mins to get to school

"fuck" I mumbled while running downstairs. I heard my dad running to the front door with a slice of toast "Here take this, you haven't had breakfast yet" I heard him say..

I turned around and those thought came back. It's like they're haunting me, they won't go away and I need to accept that. They aren't true..

They are

I quickly shook my head as he let out a sigh, "I'll grab something when I get there, I'm gonna be late" I swiftly opened the door before I could hear a response. I grabbed out my phone and clicked onto Spotify.. hmm what to play, I soon found Lottie's one direction playlist. I didn't want to admit it as open as she does but I absolutely love one direction, They always seem to bring out the best of me.

I'm almost at school when I hear a scream "DARCY, DARCY YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT.."