026

A COUPLE months later Beatrice had managed to get a job working in a little muggle clothing shop down the street

A COUPLE months later Beatrice had managed to get a job working in a little muggle clothing shop down the street. The job didn't pay much but Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes was making enough that Bee and Fred didn't have to worry about money. They weren't super rich but were living comfortably.

Bee loved her job, when people came in she would recommend them trendy muggle clothes that she thinks would suit them. Sometimes Mrs Mack, the shop owner, would let Bee go to muggle charity shops to buy clothes and bring them back to resell. It was honestly just a dream job.

"Hey Honey, why don't we go on a date?" Fred said randomly. "I mean when was the last time we actually did something nice?"

Bee thought back, ever since the pair moved in together they just sat at home watching movies and eating junk food. "God, a long time ago, maybe back at school."

"Well then how about Saturday, I'll take you on a proper romantic date" Fred grinned.

"Saturday sounds perfect." Bee smiled, it was almost as if when they were together they could forget about the war that was brewing.

~~~

Saturday came and in no time Fred's sweaty hands were opening the front door to the shop. "After you M'Lady."

"Why thank you." Bee giggled, wrapping her maroon scarf round her neck at the sudden coldness of the air. "So where are we off to tonight Fredward?"

"I was thinking go karting."

A wide smile formed on Beatrice's face, thinking of the time in their seventh year when she spent an hour rambling to Fred about her love of the muggle activity 'Go Karting.'

"Sounds perfect."

The couple took a muggle bus to a local Go Karting place called Team Sport. Bee glanced up at the lengthy list of rules on the wall. "Ohhh, this is why you told me to dress casual."

"Yup." Fred grinned, pulling on his helmet. "Race you?"

"Get ready to lose Weasley."

Beatrice and Fred raced round the track multiple times along with another couple groups of muggles. At the end of their two hour slot the worker told the group their ranking. "And in second we have Fred Wesley-" Bee let out a snort at how the women pronounced his last name. "And in first place our champion, Beatrice Gallagher."

They accepted their little certificates, took off their helmets, put the go-karts away and left.

The happy couple were almost home when Fred stopped, a nervous look on his face. "Bee, do you know what day it is?"

"Course I do, Saturday." Bee looked up, thinking Fred had gone slightly mad.

"I mean yes, but that's not what I was meaning, I mean one year ago today we officially started dating." Fred picked at the skin on his thumb.

"Really? God it feels like yesterday."

"Yeah." He let out a skittish laugh. "It's only been a year since we started going out but Beatrice Gallagher I'm so incredibly in love with you, like head over heels. Every time I see you I get butterflies in my stomach. Every time we kiss it feels as great as the first time and every time we have sex it.. well it just gets better and better."

Bee threw her face in her hands at the chuckles coming from people passing by.

"You're all that I can think about, every day, every night. I know it's cheesy but you inspire me to be the best man I can be and I don't know where I'd be without you." Bee could see the sweat physically dropping off Fred's head as he stuttered to get the words out.

"The point is even though we haven't been together long, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. There's a war coming soon and I don't want to waste anytime, we don't know what's going to happen so.." Fred got down onto one knee and opened up a small box to reveal an engagement ring. "Bee Gallagher, will you marry me?"

Bee's jaw dropped, when she came out tonight she never in a million years expected to arrive home an engaged women. "Of course I'll marry you Fred." She pulled him up and wrapped her slightly chilled arms around him. "I love you so so much."

"I love you too Honey, forever and always." 

~~~

authors note -
only 2 chapters left now! i wrote this during english while simultaneously writing my essay so let me know if there's any little mistakes :)