017

RON WEASLEY was completely and utterly bewildered

RON WEASLEY was completely and utterly bewildered. How come nobody had told him that Fred was dating Beatrice Gallagher. Well, he assumed they were dating, they were standing in towels kissing, Ron wasn't actually able to hear what they were saying.

The next morning Ron decided to write a letter to his mother.

Dear Mum,

I can't believe you didn't tell me about Fred and Beatrice Gallagher, am I the only one that didn't know they're dating? I saw them kissing in the corridors yesterday. It's so stereotypical that you didn't tell me, I'm always forgotten about.

Yours,
Ron

That day at lunch Bee and Fred decided to come clean to everyone. The pair were sitting at the Gryffindor table when Fred banged two glasses together to get their friends' attention.

"Just to let everyone know Bee and I are together, our parents don't know so please don't go blabbing about it." Fred said.

"Well that was a sweet way to tell everyone" Bee snorted.

Bee and Fred noticed the happy looks on their friends' faces but what they didn't notice was the extremely worried look on Ron's. It was fair to say the young ginger had fucked up.

~~~

Bee felt truly safe for the first time in what felt like forever. She was cuddling up on a sofa in the Gryffindor common room with Fred, her boyfriend (it still feels weird for her to call him that) when she heard the good news.

Roger Davies had been expelled. Expelled. Two other pupils had reported him for sexual assault and Dumbledore had finally agreed to take action.

Bee sent a letter home to her parents about the situations and finally came clean to them about Roger. Bee's parents were absolutely livid, they cut off all ties with the Davies'.

Although something Bee failed to mention to her parents was her relationship with Fred Weasley. Bee just knew they wouldn't approve, especially after what had happened with Roger. But Bee didn't want Roger to get in the way of her future, he had already mucked up her life enough.

So Bee decided it'd be best to keep things a secret from her parents.

~~~

Molly Weasley was in an absolute frenzy, she had just received the letter from her youngest son and she was completely and utterly bewildered. Ignoring the fact that Fred chose not to tell his mother about his first real girlfriend Molly decided to focus on the other issue. The Gallaghers.

"Fred knows we don't get along with the Gallagher's" Molly voiced her thoughts. "Why would be date one of them."

"Molly, love, I don't think Fred would date Beatrice unless he really liked her. Leave the poor couple be, they clearly didn't want you to know because they knew you'd react like this." Arthur tried to calm his wife.

"But how long has this been going on?" Molly asked.

"I don't know, you can ask them at Christmas dear."

~~~

The days became weeks, November merged into December and soon Christmas was approaching Hogwarts. The holiday spirit had gotten the best of the school and had, as usual, put a stop to all learning.

Along with the bundles of snow December also brought bundles of homework for the seventh years. It was just starting to sink in that their NEWT's are in less than five months and Bee was not prepared at all. But she pushed all thoughts of exams from her mind and focused on the month ahead of her.

Mistletoe hung from the ceiling's, the school was decorated in red, silver and green and people sang Christmas Carols (the final of the three being something Bee had never really liked).

Beatrice was sending letters back and forth to her sister, a big topic of their conversation being Fred. Charlotte had promised not to tell anybody about the young couple (obviously excluding Tonks, Charlotte told her everything).

It was final DA meeting of the term and Bee was excited, they hadn't had a meeting in a while and she always enjoyed them. It was nice to actually learn something in Defence Against The Dark Arts for a change, and Harry, despite only being 15 was actually a good teacher.

Bee, Holly, Raven, Mia, Angelina, Alicia and Katie all arrived reasonably early, the only other people already there being Harry and Luna.

"We've finally replaced you" Angelina blurted out.

"Replaced me?" Harry looked confused.

"You, Fred and George" She huffed. "We've got another seeker."

Harry asked who and Katie told him, Ginny Weasley. Harry, for some reason, seemed shocked. The group discussed quidditch for a while before Ron, Hermione and Neville arrived, saving Bee from the conversation.

Once everyone had arrived Harry started off the lesson, telling the group what they'd be doing.

Bee and Fred partnered up for the lesson, actually managing to get through the work without giggling at some stupid joke George told (okay maybe they didn't get through the hour without laughing but they only had two giggling fits).

~~~

Bee woke up on December 18th with a messy note on her bedside table.

Bee's stomach dropped as soon as she saw the word attacked

Bee's stomach dropped as soon as she saw the word attacked. She felt terrible, Fred must be so scared. She couldn't even imagine how he was feeling. Thankfully it wasn't long till the Christmas holidays.

~~~

authors note -
sorry this took me ages to get out 😳 school's been an ass. i have so much tests and homework. hope you guys enjoyed the chapter though <33