Speak Ya Clout

Chapter 2: Speak Ya Clout
Stella's POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Hey, sorry I slept through the gym," JJ confessed to Asher and I as we walked into our class. "Hey, Julie and I snuck out last night, had our own workout with some college chicks."

"Yo, come on, man," Asher shook his head at JJ as we made it to our seats. I sat in front of JJ, while Asher took the seat next to JJ. "Ever since we won state, you and Jordan have been partying out and half-assing practices," Asher stated truthfully.

"Jordan hasn't been partying that much...," I said, sticking up for Jordan. Asher gave me a look and I let out a sigh. "Okay, fine. Maybe a little more than normal, but if it helps your mind ease up at all, he hasn't done a ton of crazy stuff at the parties."

"That's because you have been there," JJ spoke up causing me to turn back to face him. "And half-assing is a little aggressive, bro."

"I wasn't at a few over the summer when I was in Canada with my mom," I confessed. "He told me he didn't do anything crazy and you confirmed it."

"He is drinking more though and caring less about consequences," JJ admitted. "I know I'm doing the same thing, but that's not Jordan's normal."

"Whatever the case is, just bring it at practice today. Tell Jordan the same, Morgan," Asher stated the last part to me.

"Oh, Coach Davis said today is, uh, optional," JJ reminded Asher.

"Yeah and I have my own practice to worry about later anyways," I added on to JJ's comment.

"Our first scrimmage is tomorrow," Asher told JJ to refresh his memory."

"JJ, you know damn well that optional never means optional," I spoke up.

"When'd you stop caring about football, man?"

"Oh, chill. I mean, even Coach Baker's still on vacation," JJ scoffed causing me to turn back around and bit my lip so I didn't say something about the truth behind his vacation.

Spencer entered the room and made his way over to the group and took the seat behind JJ. "What's up?" Spencer asked the group.

"Y'all seen Leila?" Spencer questioned us.

"Uh, maybe- maybe she slept in," JJ stated to Spencer. "You know people do that occasionally."

"No man, not Leila. She's never late," Spencer said shaking his head.

"Maybe she can't decided on the right outfit?" I spoke up causing the boys to give me a weird look. "What? She does like to dress good."

Leila left my house this morning and told me she was going to get ready at her house- aka hotel. I thought she would show up, but maybe I was wrong.

After that class, I made my way towards my locker and bumped into Liv, who was at her locker as well. "Jordan seem okay to you?" Liv asked me with a concerned face.

"Yeah, why wouldn't he be?" I questioned confused.

"No reason, just curious," Liv stated with a weak smile. Jordan came over and joined us. Liv let out a huff before walking away, causing me to give Jordan a confused look.

"Am I missing something?" I asked him curiously.

"She's just upset that I'm having fun while she isn't," Jordan explained.

"What does that mean?" I questioned as I put my books up. Jordan leaned next to my locker as I exchanged books.

"She's upset that I got home late last night after we hung out at the beach," Jordan started off.