They Reminisce Over You

Chapter 4: They Reminisce Over You
Stella's POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"JJ, come on, I wanna turn!" I pouted with my arms crossed my chest while stomping my feet against the muddy grass. "Please, let me catch one," I added, dragging out the 'e sound in please.

"It's not my fault JB won't throw you the ball," JJ joked as he ran over to me. He messed with my hair, rubbing the top of it and causing pieces to fly out of my French braid. I pushed JJ away form me in annoyance since it took me forever to put the braids together.

"J!" I called out as I watched him toss the football back n forth in his hands. 

"Hmm?" Jordan called out, stopping the football tossing.

"Throw the ball to me!" I whined. "I deserve a turn!" 

"Run your route better and maybe I will."

"Who is guarding me for you to be worried about?" I questioned him as I place my hands on my hips. "Just throw me the ball please."

"Fine, but if your tiny little hands drop it then that's it," Jordan told me with a stern look.

"My hands aren't that tiny!" I complained in an annoyed voice. 

"Yes they are," JJ agreed with Jordan as we lined up to run the next play. 

"Meanies," I muttered under my breath. Jordan snapped the ball and I took off; doing my correct route. I looked over my shoulder and saw the ball coming towards me. I looked back ahead and stuck out my hands, knowing Jordan threw the ball perfectly so that it would land right into my hands. Just as I thought, the ball fell perfectly into my hands and I caught it with ease. I ran all the way towards the make shift end zone as Jordan and JJ cheered for me.

"Stellie got moves," JJ hollered as the two of them raced over to the end zone to meet up with me. 

"I knew you could do it, El," Jordan stated causing me to push him away as I rolled my eyes.

"You doubt me every second up until the ball landed in my hands," I corrected him. 

"I would never doubt you and your abilities," Jordan stated in a higher pitched tone.

"Remind me again on how I got dragged to your father's twenty-five year reunion?" I asked Jordan and Liv as we walked over to the food table.

"Do you want me to drive you to dinner tonight?" Jordan questioned me with a curious look as he handed me a paper plate.

"I told you I could drive us," I reminded him as Liv nodded her head in agreement.

"I tried to tell him that, but he didn't like the sound of it."

"I should be able to drive my own girlfriend to dinner," Jordan announced to us as he handed the hot dog tongs over to me. "On that note, all I'm saying is when's the last time your car got washed?"

"My car's not dirty and you're lucky to have a car at all," Liv pointed out as I grabbed a hotdog.

"Move," Liv scoffed as she gently pushed Jordan away from the food table.

"Look, I'm making a sacrifice too, all right?" Jordan stated after her gave Liv a confused look. "I don't even want to be here."

"Me either. You told me we were going to spend today practicing lacrosse," I reminded him as I bumped shoulder with him.