Crossroads

Chapter 11: Crossroads
3rd Person POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Mrs. Baker sat next to the hospital bed, biting her nails. It was an old habit she hasn't done in a while but today was a very stressful day. She was worried about everyone. The steady beeping noise assured Laura that everything would be fine, but she wasn't sure if anything would go back to normal after today. Laura thought back to earlier in the day when she had her talk with Jordan.

"How bad is it?" Jordan questioned his mother.

"Uh, Olivia's okay, she's with dad," Laura stated as she looked away from her son. "Spencer-- we don't know het, but he's a fighter so..." Laura started to walk past Jordan so she could get to the hospital.

"My God, I can't believe this is really happening," Jordan muttered in shock. "Anything else going on?"

Laura turned around sharply as she responded back to her son, "I need you to stay here, Jordan, okay? I don't want anything happening to you."

"Wait, wait, wait, I thought dad said no one else should leave the house?" Jordan questioned confused.

"I know, but I need to make sure the cops get the right guy. I also need to visit um, Spencer, in the hospital," Laura replied back.

"Mom, where are you going?"

"Just stay here, Jordan!" Laura knew he was worried but didn't want to cause him to freak out. Jordan was never good in these situations, especially after he found his sister unconscious.

"Jordan! I know you stole my last popsicle!" The young ten year old Olivia Baker called out as she marched through the house looking for her twin.

"I don't know what you're talking about Olivia," Jordan yelled back from his bedroom. Stella let out a chuckle causing Jordan to shush her. "Hurry and finish that popsicle before she kills me."

"She wouldn't kill you," Stella assured her best friend as she bit the last part of the popsicle into her mouth. "Ah!"

"What?" Jordan looked over at Stella with a worried face. Stella's face twisted with coldness as the brain freeze kicked in. Jordan let out a sigh of relief once he noticed how her face scrunched as she tried to get rid of the brain freeze feeling.

Right as the door opened, Jordan shoved Stella off of his bed, sending her in between the bed and the wall. "Ow!" Stella whispered yelled in pain as she collided with the wall and fell swiftly behind the bed. Stella still held the last piece of evidence that proved the two are Olivia's last popsicle so when the door opened, Jordan panicked and pushed his best friend off of the bed along with the evidence.

"Did you eat it?" Olivia asked as she stood in the doorway with her arms crossed over her chest.

Jordan shook his head, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"You're lying," Olivia responded back instantly as she tapped her foot against the ground impatiently.

"No, I'm not, but thanks for trusting your twin," Jordan scoffed at his sister.

"Mom!" Olivia called out as she turned out of Jordan's room, upset with the boy. What Olivia didn't know was that her best friend was indeed over and was spending her time upstairs with Jordan, sharing the popsicle that Olivia enjoyed. Jordan wasn't going to turn his back on Stella and snitch on them. He had more class than that. He loved the girl even though he didn't know what love really meant.