Coming Home

Chapter 7: Coming Home
Third Person POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Love guards the heart from the abyss," Dr. Gibbs informed the Baker family, who sat on the couch in their living room. "That's Mozart and the love you all have for each other is why you're committed to making this family whole again. Step one, healing as a unit."

"And how many steps are there?" Jordan questioned the therapist, a little bit annoyed by the whole thing.

"This isn't AA," Liv replied to her twin. "There's not a finish line we can just skip ahead to."

"Olivia's right. The healing time is different for every family," Dr. Gibbs agreed with the smarter twin.

"We're all in for rebuilding this family," Billy stated as he folded his hands together. "Whatever it takes."

"Laura, you've been quiet," Dr. Gibbs pointed out. "Is he right? Are you all in?"

"Uh... I'm here," Laura answered honestly. "That's all I have for you right now."

-

"I can't believe you convinced me to come with," Stella shook her head as the car came to a stop.

"Stel, you're gonna love it," Beth informed me with a smile. "And hey, if you don't then you don't. I'm not forcing you to join, but just keep an open mind."

"I can do that," Stella replied with a smile.

"We'll meet you two back her later today, alright? Just keep up posted, Bethany," Beth's mother ordered the two girls as Beth's parents dropped the girls off at the front of campus.

"Will do," Beth agreed to the terms.

"Thank you again, I appreciate the ride," Stella thanked her teammate's parents.

"No problem. Call us if you need anything at all," Beth's father told the two lacrosse girls before they exited the vehicle.

"Whoa," Stella's mouth dropped in awe as she stared at the beautiful campus.

"I know right. Come on." Stella followed Beth blindly around the campus until they entered the front admission's office.

"Can I help you two ladies?" the receptionist questioned as she glanced up from her desk.

"Hi, I'm Beth McConnell and that's Stella Morgan. We're hear to see Coach Riggins."

"One moment, I'll let him know you two are here."

"Are you excited yet?" Beth questioned with a hopeful look in her eyes.

"Kinda?" Stella replied as she messed with the bracelet on her wrist. "I don't know how to feel just yet."

"I get it," Beth replied with a smile.

"McConnell, glad to see you back here," a male voice spoke up from behind Stella. Stella turned around and came face to face with the head coach of the women's lacrosse program at UNC - Chapel Hill.

"Glad to be back sir," Beth answered the coach.

"I'm Ste-."

"Oh, I know who you are. If I didn't then I would need to reconsider my line of work. You're one of the best lacrosse players to come out of high school."

"I think you're exaggerating a little bit, sir, but I appreciate the compliment," Stella dismissed the comment.

"Your talent tells me otherwise. I just hope you enjoy the campus and the atmosphere here and decided to take our offer," Coach Riggins replied to the young girl. "Follow me."