One of Them Nights

Chapter 9: One of Them Nights
Stella's POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Shut up! I'm so happy for you," I exclaimed as I jumped on Liv, who was sitting comfortably on her bed.

"It's nothing," Liv dismissed as she shoved me off of her.

"I'm not as shocked as I thought I would be," I commented to her as I stood up and straighten out my clothes. "You two really clicked as friends so it makes sense that you two got together. It just took you guys forever to see it and plus Leila was dating him, ya know."

"Okay, doesn't someone have practice to go to?" Liv questioned me as she titled her head slightly.

"Yes," I said annoyed slightly. Not that I don't love practice, but I hate missing time to hang with my friends since they aren't in season and are completely free to hang out whenever. "I will see you later. I want the deets about your little hang out session today though."

"I will fill you in," Liv muttered before she hopped out of bed as well, following me out of her room. I bumped into Jordan, who immediately let out a sigh and glanced away from me. I didn't say anything to him and continued on my walk down the stairs and towards the front door.

"There you two are," Coach Baker announced as we all came down the stairs together. "Morning, Stella. Good to see you."

"Same here, have a good day," I softly smiled before making my way towards the front door.

I arrived at practice and Coach Taylor called me into his office. "Morgan, can I have a word?"

"Yes sir, is something wrong?" I questioned him curiously as he shut the door behind him.

"No, no, please take a seat," Coach Taylor informed me as he sat down in his office chair. I took a seat and looked at him confused. "I wanted to check in and see how your college offers are coming along."

"Good," I replied with a half smile. I still had no idea where I wanted to go and what I wanted to study.

"Just good?" Coach Taylor pressed. "Did you enjoy that visit to UNC a few weeks ago? You know, they called me about you the other day. Checking to make sure you're still playing great. I told them that you could never play terrible and they enjoyed that response."

"UNC was good," I trailed off before looking down at my shoes.

"Not a fan?" Coach Taylor asked as he leaned himself forward with his elbows.

"No, I was," I said letting out a sigh.

"Then what's the issue then?" Coach Taylor asked me confused.

"I don't know," I shrugged my shoulders.

"Have you looked anywhere else yet?"

"No..."

"Morgan," Coach Taylor started off with a small sigh. "You are so talented and I would hate to see you end up somewhere where you aren't happy and aren't playing against the best of the best. I know you have some other offers and maybe you should check those out. Maybe UNC or one of them will finally speak to you."

"Okay," I said nodding my head, taking in his advice.

"Now go get your practice gear on,"

"Yes sir," I smiled, standing up from my seat. I turned to leave the office when Coach Taylor called out to me.

"Morgan."

"Hmm?" I questioned, turning back to face him.

"I know you can feel it," Coach Taylor smiled.