ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟟: 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕪

We eventually made it to the school after none stop bickering between Harper and Mason. They argued about which teacher is the worse, then about who would fail a class first, then they started arguing about whether Harper's English teacher is hooking up with Jackson's math teacher. I honestly couldn't keep up so I just ignored them all while texting Maddi. 

Harper and I met up with Axel and Aella. They sort of went over everything, like where everyone sits during lunch and all of the teachers. Just the basics like that. In all honesty, I was expecting more of a cliche type school, considering that it was located in this town. God, I hate this town. We hung out for a little bit before the bell finally went off.

"Hey," Axel nudged me, "Don't be worried. You aren't the only new kid this semester. We are supposed to get a lot this week. No one will be staring you down or anything. Good luck!" 

"Thanks. That helped." I smiled a little bit. I wasn't really worried in all truth. This isn't my first time having the spotlight on me, not saying that I like it, I'm just used to it. 

 We said our goodbyes and I headed to our first class, math. Since Jake already gave me my schedule, I knew where my classes were (after Harper pointed where they were) and which ones I had with Harper. Thanks to my luck, I only had one, great.  

I entered the classroom and lucky I wasn't that late nor early. I spotted a girl with familiar short black hair who had a tired expression. 

"Bailey!" She lifted her head a bit and her tired expression got replaced with a small smile. "Thank god you're in this class. I hate this class so much and everyone in here," She whispered to me. 

She grabbed my arm and pulled me down to the seat next to her. "Here, sit. It's normally empty anyway." 

I gave her a small smile in exchange and took out my notebook. "What are we learning?" 

"I have no idea. I sleep during this class."

I chuckled. That was helpful. 

More people started pouring into the room, no one so much as glancing at me. Good. That was until the same girl, who was at the house with my brothers a few days ago and the same girl who we ran into at the mall, walked next to my desk. 

"Hi Bailey!"

"Hi," I paused, "Charlotte, right?"

"Yeah!" She glanced at Cora, who was surprisingly clenching her fists and glaring at Charlotte. Charlotte's face turned grim, her smile now fake. "Hello to you too, Cora." 

"Charlotte." She nodded her head a little bit and looked away, quickly bringing her phone out of her bag and began texting. 

Someone doesn't like Charlotte. 

Charlotte looked back at me and her voice lowered a little. "I was wondering if you were going to the party that's coming up."

"I was planning on it. My sister is sort of forcing me."

"Oh well so am I! I'll see you there." She went to sit in a seat near the front. Her face looked worried and her fast texting on her phone answered my suspicions. 

She's worried. Why?

I didn't have much time to think about it thanks to my math teacher beginning the lesson. He didn't even acknowledge me. 

Once I finished my math class, I headed out with Cora to my next class, English. We stayed in comfortable silence. We had to make a stop at Cora's locker and since she likes to take her time, I leaned against the locker next to hers.