ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟛: 𝕁𝕒𝕜𝕖'𝕤 ℍ𝕠𝕞𝕖

I grabbed Harper's arm and dragged her towards the group. We made our way to them without anyone noticing that we were standing behind Levi. They were talking to each other in low voices. I couldn't make out any of the words.

I cleared my voice and Levi turned around with wide eyes. Everyone was looking at us.

Silence.

Harper and I give them a small smile. "Well, are you just going to stand there or introduce us to your friends?"

Our brothers looked at each other with shocked expressions.

"I'll deal with them," Mason whispered to them. Their friends were still looking at us with amusement written all over their faces.

He walked up to us and grabbed our wrists, dragging us away from the group.

Bailey and I pulled back our wrists, or at least we tried.

"Stop"

"Let go"

We stopped when we were a few feet away from the group, Mason was looking around.

"Where the hell is James?" He asked with fury in his voice.

"We don't know, now let go!"

"Why isn't he with you?"

"We didn't need a babysitter."

"I am going to ask you this one more time, where. is. he?"

"We don't know. Stop overreacting."

He finally let go of our wrists and pulled out his phone. His eyes still glued to us. He dialed Jame's number and called.

"Dramatic much?" I said, rolling my eyes.

We lean against the railing on the second floor of the mall for a while. James didn't answer so Mason tired again.

"Well, while you do that, I am going to go meet your posse." I dropped our bags at his feet. I grabbed Harper's hand and waved at Mason.

We made our way over. Our brothers glaring at us. As if warning us to back off.

As if.

"Hi, you must be the twins." A girl our age with dark hair and brown eyes smile and held out her hand. The same girl that came out of our basement.

Obviously.

"I guess so. I'm Bailey and this is Harper." I shook her hand.

"I'm Charlotte. And this is my brother, Oliver." She pointed at a boy who was next to her. He had golden hair and blue eyes. He seemed Jackson's age. It was a little hard to tell. He smirked at us. Jackson's eyes flashed with fire.

"This is Carter and Audrey." Carter wore a scowl on his face. He looked like a 17-year-old. He seemed like that one dude in the back of the classroom who just sleeps the entire time.

Audrey seemed the exact same way. She seemed Jackson's age as well.

I remembered Carter being at our house that night, but not Audrey.

There must be more of them.

Before Harper or I could respond, Levi spoke out. "Well, we were just leaving. Don't forget about Wednesday."

They nodded and walked away.

Huh, Weird.

"Where the fuck is James and Mason?" Levi asked.

I guess I was too busy talking to realize that Mason left.

"I am right here." Mason was walking towards us. He was holding onto a struggling James by his shirt.

"Let go!"

"Where the hell were you?" Levi asked.

"I was busy doing other things."

"I told you to stay with your sisters!"

"I didn't want to be stuck with them!"

"You know what, we aren't having this conversation here." We started walking back to the car. Harper and I share confused looks.

What's up everyone's asses?, I texted her. The boys were too angry to notice Harper texting on her 2nd phone.

I have no clue. I am just glad that we aren't the ones in trouble anymore. She texts back.

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

We made it home in one piece, luckily. I thought that someone was seriously going to rip someone's head off. Most likely, Jame's head.

"Girls up to your rooms. Don't come out." Levi said. I've never heard him sound so, dad-like.

"We didn't even do anything wrong!" Harper says.

"I never said that you did. Just go up to your rooms."

James was sitting on the couch. Mason sat on a stool in the kitchen, facing the living room. Levi was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

"Whatever."

We made our way to our rooms.

"Wait, come in my room and help me put my stuff away," I asked Harper.

She agreed and we started putting my stuff away.

"Why are they being so weird," I asked.

"They always act weird. I've never met those people before or even seen them before."

"We saw them that one night when they came out of the basement."

"Well, duh. That's not what I meant. I meant that I have never seen them around the boys or at the high school. Which is very strange since we only have one high school in this piece-of-crap town."

"Maybe they don't live here? Maybe they're just visiting?"

"Maybe."

"I still am wondering how we got caught sneaking out yesterday. Like who snitched? I know no one saw us besides your friends."

"Maybe there are cameras?"

"Creepyyy."

We giggled and continued putting my clothes away in silence.

Afterward, I went to her room and helped her out. We were talking and listening to music on an old stereo that was hidden in Harper's closet.

It made us forget a little bit about today's events. That was until the front door slammed open.

Jake's home.

8/7/2020

1007 Words