06

Rowan's POV:

Ciaran is growing on me; he is kind, and now that we are back in my kingdom and I can relax, I feel as though I am getting a better chance to admire the young man I brought with me.

He is rather beautiful; his skin in paler than anyone in my kingdom, but it makes his grey eyes seem brighter. His hair is black and from the times I've touched it, I have discovered that it is very soft.

"Rowan?" he asks me in a quiet voice, standing at my side. "May I please sit down somewhere?"

I suddenly realize how tired he seems, and it occurs to me that he has been undergoing mistreatment for however long he has been a slave. I may have been chained in their dungeon for a couple of hours, but I was never abused or raped like Ciaran was.

"I think you need a bath and fresh clothes," I tell him, guiding Ciaran toward the palace. "I will also get a healer to check your leg."

It is then, as we are walking toward my home, that I see him limping and wincing with every step. I'm sure part of it is riding the horse all the way back here, but he seems to be in way too much pain for it to only be from riding the horse.

Ciaran doesn't mention the pain he is in, but I am not one to let things slide past me without talking about them. However, I want to wait until he feels secure and is just with me so the other people in the palace don't intimidate him.

I guide him to my room and ask one of the passing servants to run a bath inn my bathroom, because I want him to feel comfortable around me and show him that he is safe here.

When the servants enter the room, Ciaran jumps and watches the servants intently, almost as if he is ready to run.

"They are running you a bath," I tell Ciaran, and he narrows his eyes.

"Why?" he asks.

That's a strange question, if I'm being honest.

"Because you are clearly in pain. It will help to relieve the pain."

Ciaran shakes his head. "I don't like baths."

He is very bitter when he says that, but he is also in need of healing some of the pain and it would most likely assist in helping the pain in his leg as well.

"Well, you need to," I argue, and his head falls, his shoulders slumping. "Why don't you like baths?"

He waits until the servants leave the room to speak. "Because Master liked to hold my head under water to pleasure him, and he didn't let me breath until he was satisfied," he mumbles, and I feel my blood boil.

How could anyone derive pleasure from forcing another person underwater? It makes me want to vomit.

"Well, he isn't your Master anymore," I tell Ciaran, having him pull his pants off and lay his leg out so I can remove the bandages. "No one is. You are not a slave and you are free here. Understood?"

Ciaran doesn't say anything, but he nods with a red blush on his cheeks.

"Good. Take your clothes off so I can help you bathe," I order him, and his blush gets even darker. "I will not be staring at your privates, do not be embarrassed. I have many oils and soaps that you may not know how to use so I wish to help you."

He is still red but he doesn't protest, allowing me to follow him to where the steaming bath is.

Gods, I want to get in with him...

I shake that ridiculous thought from my mind and roll my eyes. Clearly I am just craving a bath; I can take one on my own later, but for now I need to help Ciaran.