22

More whore hours 🥺

Rowan's POV:

I am in love with Ciaran.

I knew that a while ago, but thinking about it now is so strange, because it is true but the thought of being in love is still intimidating. When I wake up before Ciaran, I cannot help but admire him as he sleeps; he is smiling and seems at complete peace, which is very nice to see.

He was perfect last night, as I expected. Every second I spent in a state of intimacy with him was wonderful and I find myself wanting more... he was so perfect, so relaxed and even though he had a brief fit of panic, he got himself to trust me, and that is all I have ever wanted from him.

I get comfortable in my- our- bed again, because I have no reason to get up and I promised I'd stay unless I have a good reason not to. Honestly, I have nothing pushing me to get up because I love to lay with Ciaran and there is nothing going on right now in regards to preparing to attack Vayl.

It has been in my brain for a few days; the idea of attacking Vayl before they can attack us. If we go as soon as winter ends, we may be able to attack them before they know it, like they did to us, but in our favor. Our goal would only be to kill Vladimir and Daliah, and any guards who followed them.

The subjects there are still Ciaran's, and they have done nothing but try to survive. When I went there, one of them helped me despite her fear, so I know they are still willing to put their loyalty in someone else.

Ciaran sighs in his sleep and his face wrinkles up like he is stressed and afraid. He starts breathing a bit heavier, and he is shaky, as if something is attacking his mind in his sleep, but I cannot defend him from something that I cannot see.

I shake his shoulder, trying to be gentle, and his eyes fly open, his whole body tense.

"What?" he asks, his voice thick with sleep and his eyes heavy.

"Were you having a bad dream?" I ask, and he takes a second to think before he nods and shudders. "You were shaking."

Ciaran bites his bottom lip. "Oh." He shakes his head and seems to shrug off the reaction that he just had to his dream. "Well, I am fine. We should go shower."

"What is a shower?" I ask him, because I have never heard that term before.

Maybe it was a word that he accidentally translated to that strange language Daliah and Vladimir use...

Ciaran's eyes widen. "You do not know what a shower is?!"

"No?"

"Oh... uh... it is a quick way to be cleaned that is better than a bath because you do not have to take the time to heat it up. Our castle was advanced when it came to plumbing and we had these systems called showers, which was a way to clean yourself. It is a stall-like structure and there is a tool that hangs above, and hot water comes out, making it like a hot rain. It is enjoyable," he explains, and it is so strange sounding, but the way he describes it lets me know that it is a good thing.

I rub my hands down his sides and cup his ass in my hands. "Are they fun to have sex in?" I ask, making Ciaran raise an eyebrow.

"I know that was meant to be seductive, but I was a sex slave, so it was never fun for me."

Oh shit, I forgot about that.

"Uh..." I trail off, because I have no clue what to say now that I have made things kind of awkward, but Ciaran, being the gracious person he is, smiles at me and kisses my cheek.

"Ah, relax," he says, and I can hear the kindness in his voice. "It is okay, I am not offended because I know it was not meant to be offensive or bring back bad memories."