15

Ciaran's POV:

I have decided to renew my trust in Rowan, and it has been clear to him over the past few days.

He is a good man, who made a stupid mistake by taking out his fear on me, but I can tell that he deeply regrets it and was afraid of what I could do.

Since he professed his desire to make me his, I have been able to tell that he is wholly infatuated with me and is still sorry for what he did. He has not stopped touching my hands, wrapping his arms around me, showing me through affection that he is still feeling guilt for his reaction.

Yes, it was unfair for him to shut out my pleas for him to listen, but I should have told him much sooner that I was considered a prince, though I never got a real chance to play the part.

However, if things go how I hope they will with Rowan... maybe I will be able to be a prince again, or even a king? Not that it is my goal to be seen as royalty, but I would love the chance to take back Vayl from Vladimir and Daliah, to show my people there that I would fight for them, and to apologize for falling and never protecting them.

A fallen prince, I am, but I wish to amend that horrid title and take back the responsibility of protecting my people.

"Ciaran," Rowan says, making me look up at him as opposed to the storybook he let me borrow, as I haven't really read anything in years, but I do love books.

"Yes?" I ask.

Rowan smiles. "Nothing, I just like saying your name," he says, sitting down in front of the fire with me, opening my blanket up and dragging me into his side.

It is still snowing outside, and I love it. Later I will go out in it, but it is still early morning and I am terribly cold, so I am sitting in front of the fire, reading.

Rowan was asleep until now, but he must have woken up since it is late morning and we fell asleep early last night.

"Do you enjoy that book?" Rowan asks, and I nod with a soft smile on my face. "Good, because I have many novels and I have read them all, so it is nice to have someone to share my likes with."

I smile as he says that, closing the book. "I cannot wait until I get to read more," I say, resting my head on his shoulder and relaxing into his body as he wraps his arm around my waist.

Rowan rubs the skin under my shirt and pulls me tighter to him.

I used to be so afraid when it came to being touched by other people, but as I have lived with Rowan, I have been growing to enjoy the caresses and touches that he offers. They make me feel safe and wanted, which is a new but welcomed feeling.

"It has been snowing for a quite a while now," Rowan says, looking out the huge window that I opened when I woke up because the snowfall is gorgeous.

I hum in agreement. "It is beautiful," I say, warmth filling me. "May we go out there a bit later?"

Rowan nods. "During the first snowfall, Tyla, myself and often Jameson and Patrick, goes around the town and offers hot cider and milk to the people in town as a symbol of winter being here. It also is a nice way to help the parents warm themselves up when they have to deal with their children who run inside and demand to be held because they are cold," he says with a fond laugh. "I told Tyla we may not go this year, but if you would like to, we can go."

I love this idea, so I stand up and take Rowan's hand. "We cannot sit around here all day!" I exclaim, trying to pull him up, but Rowan is much bulkier than I, as he has actually stayed healthy and fed well his entire life.