Praise | 7

You stopped avoiding Light. As much as you hated it, you went to get into contact with him to see if he aroused your suspicions. You actually observed his actions and something you noticed was, he often spoke to himself, or you would see his lips moving slightly when nobody was around. You weren't really sure what that had to do with him being Kira, it could just be a habit that he mutters to himself but you never saw him do it too much until now, so you still took note of it.

But now, you were going to ask him to hang out with you, and secretly question him indirectly.

You pulled your phone out of your pocket and clicked on the contacts app. Your thumb hovered over Light's name before you clicked on it.

Sweat ran down your face and you felt a pit in your stomach. You had no idea why you were so nervous when you had been hanging out a lot around him lately.

"Hello? (Y/N)?"

He seemed pretty shocked in a way, because you usually never called him and when you too hung out it was usually him offering it.

"Hey, Light. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out later today at Tsukimi Cafe if it's okay with you, of course."

Your finger anxiously tapped against your leg as you waited for his response, which felt like eternity.

"Oh, sure. Is three o'clock okay with you?"

Your eyes darted to the clock on your desk, which read, 1:30 PM.

"Yeah, it's great. I'll see you later, bye."

"Bye."

You tried to avoid all small talk with him and just get it over with quickly, which you did.

You flung yourself on your mattress and sat there staring at a wall for what felt like 20 minutes. You actually did know why you felt so tense. I mean, you were basically going to be silently questioning him if he was a mass murderer and if he caught on you were scared he would kill you right then and there.

You sat up and inhaled through your nostrils. You walked over to your wardrobe and picked an outfit, nothing too extreme, just a casual outfit.