Praise | 8

did u guys miss me.... hehheheheheh

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

The clock read 3:00PM. It was unfortunately time.

You grabbed everything you needed; your purse and money. The thought of bringing a pocket knife ran across your mind, but you discarded it. This is going to go fine. You suppose it's normal to be nervous, you're indirectly interrogating someone after all.

You walk out the door and lock it behind you, going on the sidewalk, on your way to the café soon after. You open your purse and start checking if you have everything while walking mindlessly. It wasn't likely you would end up walking in a random place while doing this, this café was a familiar place to you, so your body almost knows the directions automatically. It also wasn't likely you would bump into another person, because the sidewalks were oddly empty today, you think you were the only person on the sidewalk you were walking on, actually.

As you finish double checking everything in your purse, you zip it up. And before you can even look up to see what's in front of you, you feel a hand cover your mouth and drag you backwards as your eyes widen in shock.

You let out a shriek, their hand muffling the sound as you get pulled into a nearby ally way. God damn the only time the sidewalks are empty, is the time where you find yourself in danger.

When you see the person who grabbed you, it's a middle aged looking man who is wearing a medical mask, hiding the rest of his face.

He wordlessly grabs your purse while you try and pull it away from him. As he's distracted with grabbing your purse, you grab his hand off of your mouth and attempt to scream for help.

"Help!" You shriek, in hopes of someone magically appearing in the empty sidewalks and saving you. Sometimes you wished you were strong physically as you were with your brain.

"Shut up, keep quiet or i'll kill you!" The man puts his hand back on your mouth with a hideous panicked looked on his wrinkly face.

"Hey!"

You look to the side at the familiar voice and see the recognizable brown haired boy you came out to see. How could this day get any crazier, it felt like a movie.

The man is caught off guard and looks toward Light in shock.

While he's distracted you shove him off of you and run toward Light. Light grabs you into his arms and brings you out of the alley way. You're in shock at the fact you almost feel safe in his arms, and at the fact you wouldn't be mad if he killed that middle aged man who dragged you in an alley way.

He brings you to somewhere safe, leaving the man all the way back where he found you.

"Are you okay?" He looks at you with a sympathetic and worried look on his face.

"Y-Yeah. I think i'm fine." You reply, still in shock.

Well today certainly didn't go as planned.

"Did he hurt you?"

"N-No... he just tried to grab my purse. Didn't work though."

He lets out a relived sigh. He's a good actor, isn't he? You thought. Although, you could not deny the fact you were thankful for him saving your life.

"Thank you so much, Light. I couldn't have imagined what would've happened if you didn't step in." You say with sincereness. You wouldn't have expected yourself to be thanking the man you were supposed to be questioning.

"It's no problem, (Y/N). I'm just doing what anyone else would've done," A gentle charismatic smile on his mouth. "I'm sorry today didn't go as planned. I'll walk you home."

You don't even deny his offer. You just nod your head and you both start walking.

You two only exchange a couple words, and there was a large silence, but a comfortable one. You get déjà vu from the first time he walked you home.

A couple minutes later, you arrive at your house.

"Thanks, Light. For walking me home and saving my life." You chuckled.

"Like I said, (Y/N), it's no problem. I'm happy to be here for you."

You give a genuine smile to him. What was happening with you today?

You assume he's just going to turn his back and walk away, but he does a move that you were unprepared for.

He leans down and his lips connect with your cheek and he pulls away a second after. "I'll see you later." He walks away.

You stand there in shock, not knowing how to feel about what just happened. You can feel the lingering warmness on your cheek from his lips. Should you feel disgusted? Happy? Scared? You didn't know what was happening.

After a couple seconds of staring into the void about the previous event, you turn to your house, unlock the door and walk in.

The first thing you're greeted with is your mother standing by the window freaking out, looking more shocked than you.

"Oh, my god! He just kissed you on the cheek!"