chapter 5: encounter with the female titan

As the formation left the district in the east. The formation defence squad are holding off the titans until they were clear of the city outskirts. Beyond that was titan territory.

Flashback:

With Haruno's squad. (Before the formation)

Haruno: (to Josh Erwin) if you get separated from us be sure to reach to your comrades in the 104th.

Josh: yes sir. Anything else?

Haruno: most of us will be separated after the formation is formed.

Flashback end:

As the formation is formed. Josh Haruno's squad had dispersed amongst the ranks. Josh was near Sasha when she was ambushed by a titan on all fours.

Josh: (encourages Winter) yah. After them!

As he encouraged the white wrag. It went full speed towards them.

Sasha: (thinking) oh crap! I don't want to die.

Then she heard a howl from behind the titan

Sasha: what the?

She sees a white warg takes out an arm and it's rider takes out the rest then the nape. The rider returns to the saddle on the wolf like creature.

Sasha: Josh?

Josh: hey Sasha.

Sasha: where did you come from?

He explains that Haruno's squad had separated since leaving the city outskirts.

In the right wing. Elita shot up a black smoke signal indicating a abnormal and a berserker, she takes on the berserker while the two scouts take out the abnormal.

Elita: (wipes her forehead) phew. That was hard work taking on a berserker by myself.

She sees an other abnormal

Elita: what is that?

She encourages her warg to catch up with the two scouts but the unidentified titan caught up with the two before she did, killing them in an instant.

Elita: damn it. I better tell Haruno about this. Yah!

She goes to find Haruno who is with the command squad.

With the command squad, Haruno notices yellow smoke.

Haruno: damn, looks like the right wing has suffered casualties.

Elita: (calls out from behind) Josh!

Haruno: (slows down abit) what is it?

Elita: they've encountered an unkown titan.

Haruno cocks in a orange smoke signal and fires. Throughout the formation, all members of Haruno's squad sees it and regroups with Haruno and Elita.

Josh: I'll see you around, Sasha.

Sasha: ok but be careful.

After the others had regroup with them

Malone: we're here. What's the situation?

Haruno: tell them what you've told me.

Elita does so making the rest feel a little on edge. The squad head towards the forest of large trees after the Levi squad were first to enter the forest after the command squad and the wagons then the female titan and shortly followed by Haruno's squad. When they saw it, they were surprised.

Josh: (thinking) this must be what Annie was talking about when we were in the cadet corps.

Then suddenly

Sarah: (with sword drawn) FIRE!

Capture cannons fire simultaneously trapping it. Haruno's squad had come to a stop and let their wargs loose for a bit to protect the giant monster. Haruno had joined up with the prime and the commander.

Haruno: i have to admit that was pretty sneaky, Smithy.

Erwin: just to be safe, Sarah?

Sarah: certainly. Second and third waves prepare to fire.

After they were ready

Sarah: FIRE!

Some more cables were shot into the female titan. And Josh felt sorry for it. He walked towards the titan

Elita: Josh! What are you doing?

Josh: (to Elita) I'm just curious about her.

As he placed a hand on her foot. He suddenly felt something so painful that he burned himself

Josh: Yeowch! That smarts!

Triela: Josh! (Heads over to him) are you ok?

Josh: yea.

Then suddenly the female titan roared and a hoard of titans came then ate her. Sarah ordered for both Haruno and Levi to meet up with Levi's squad. But unknown to them Josh Erwin followed. Levi's squad had engaged the female titan in combat, She had slaughtered them then Eren had transformed to fight her but then Josh saw a familiar stance.

Josh: (thinking) impossible, Annie?

The female titan had sliced through Eren's titan head making Josh moved out of the way before she rips the nape of Eren's titan, she approached Josh making him nervous. He braced for death but he felt a gentle touch on his head. He looked up to her.

Josh: (zips over to her) I like your titan form, Annie.

She didn't say anything but gives a gentle smile and returns to the fallen titan and rips off the nape then ate Eren but not shallow him as Josh returned to Haruno's squad not realising that Mikasa was there.

Next chapter the female titan vs the strongest man and the Blue-eyed dragon.