⁽ ¹⁸ ⁾ "ℒℯ𝓉'𝓈 𝒢ℴ 𝒯ℴ 𝒯ℴ𝓀𝓎ℴ!!"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to season two! This will be Chiharu's first interaction with Ushijima! If you guys remember in chapter three, I gave a huge hint on who introduced volleyball to Chiharu, and most of you guessed right. It was Ushijima. I wonder how this meeting will go?

Also, ***** means that Ushijima doesn't remember Chiharu's first name. It will be revealed to him during their match in season three.

Enjoy!

edited on july 1st, 2021 @ 4:06pm

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - LET'S GO TO TOKYO!!

CHIHARU WAS ON DAICHI'S TEAM as he had crouched down to save the ball. "Nice receive!" Daichi praised him. Chiharu panted in exhaustion but still wanted to continue. Hinata smiled happily as he saw the ball and ran forward, Chiharu noticed Kageyama looked over at him and got ready to toss.

Currently, the club was put into two teams, the red and white team, with the red team having 20 points and then Chiharu's team, which was the white, were at 23. Not to mention they were at their fourth set, so he was getting tired.

Tsukishima and Asahi get ready to block the quick attack, only to be misguided when Kageyama had set to Tanaka who grins and runs forward. "All right! Here I go!" Tanaka announced, as he jumped up and smacked the ball, getting a point for the team.

"Yeah!"

Hinata bounced over as him and Tanaka high five happily. "Whoo!" The two cheered, as Tanaka grins and turned to Kageyama and Chiharu. Kageyama and Chiharu flinched, as they knew what Tanaka was asking for, but they weren't used to it just yet.

Kageyama held his hands out first, looking unsure.

"Wh-Whoo..."

Tanaka laughed as he went over and high fived the awkward first-year.

"Get used to it already."

Kageyama was taken aback by the high five but nodded. Tanaka turns to Chiharu and held his hands out for a high five. Chiharu held his hands out for a high five, he grins happily and smacked down Chiharu's palms powerfully, which made him hiss.

"That hurt!"

"Sorry, sorry!"

He laughed, which Chiharu huffed in embarrassment. Soon, they continued the practice match with Daichi being the one to serve. "Daichi, nice serve!" Tanaka encouraged. Daichi threw the volleyball in the air and hit it over the opposing team.

"Got it!" Nishinoya reassured on the other team as he receives the ball. "Left!" Asahi called out to Sugawara, as Chiharu watched their ace spike down the ball pass Kageyama and Hinata who tried to block him.

Chiharu used his misdirection as he dived down, and managed to send the ball up. He was playing as libero on his team, since he wanted to strengthen his misdirection a bit more. He mainly had to touch up on his setter skills. Especially if there was a chance they were gonna go against Aoba Johsai again.

Daichi came over to cover for him as he sends the ball up higher. "Chance ball!" Sugawara announced as the ball goes over the net, Ennoshita sets the ball up and Chiharu saw Tsukishima run forward.

"It's coming again." Chiharu heard Kageyama mutter to Hinata as the duo get ready to block.

The two jump, once Tsukishima had jumped up to spike but they were surprised when Tsukishima did a feint, Daichi and Chiharu dive down for either of them to save the ball, but they were too late as the red team got their point which made Chiharu sigh.