⁽ ⁵² ⁾ "𝒯𝒽ℯ ℬ𝒶𝓉𝓉𝓁ℯ 𝒪𝒻 𝒞ℴ𝓃𝒸ℯ𝓅𝓉𝓈"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to the last chapter of season three! Enjoy!

edited on march 7th, 2022 @ 5:55am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO - THE BATTLE OF CONCEPTS

HINATA SLAMMED THE BALL PAST Kawanishi, but Ushijima was there to catch the ball on time. "Shirabu!" He called out.

"Right!"

"A straight!" Tsukishima warned. "Ready, and..."

Tsukishima and Asahi jumped up to block Ushijima as Hinata received the ball with his face, the impact knocking him back. Tanaka quickly dived down to save the ball before it hit the court.

"Kageyama, get the last!" Tanaka shouted to the first-year setter before turning over towards the orange-haired male. "Hinata, are you okay?"

"Yeah." Hinata reassured as Kageyama received the ball.

"It's in!"

Yamagata received the ball back in the air. "Got it!" Shirabu informed. "Ushijima-san!"

Shirabu tossed the ball into the air as Chiharu watched Ushijima run up. "We're gonna stop him!" Tsukishima exclaimed as him, Asahi, and Daichi jumped up to block.

"Whenever we do 3-person blocks, we always close in on cross spikes, but on the last one, let's close on a straight spike. It'll be a trap we set up for one whole set or more. Out of the dozens of three-person blocks we've jumped today, we've always made a route for the ball to escape through. We can't mess up this timing. We won't let it go above us. Ushiwaka knows that this is the one spot where he can comfortably hit a straight."

Ushijima spiked the ball as he went towards Kageyama, who easily received it. Hinata had looked up and an image of Ushijima towering over him was seen as he slammed both Hinata and Tsukishima to the ground.

A hand reached out to Hinata and Tsukishima as Daichi rushed over to receive the ball as he slowly lifted Ushijima up.

"Asahi, get the last!" He shouted out.

Asahi jumped up as he was the next one to lift Ushijima. He spiked the ball, but ended up getting blocked. Tanaka was the next to appear as he quickly received the ball into the air.

"Chance ball!" Tanaka shouted as Kageyama got into setting position.

Daichi, Asahi, and Tanaka were all lifting Ushijima off of Tsukishima and Hinata. "Their #10 is coming!" Kawanishi called out.

However, he looked over to see that Hinata wasn't moving at all. "Their #10 isn't running up?" Tendou thinks to himself.

"He's slowing down his tempo, from a minus tempo to a first tempo, and then..." Ukai Sr thought as Karasuno started to do their synchronized attack. "mixing in."

"Shit!" Tendou exclaimed.

Everyone had determined faces as they got ready to attack. Kageyama through the ball up as everyone jumped up. A flock of crows were flying towards a large eagle. Hinata slammed the ball as Yamagata dived down to receive it. He bounced off of his arms as he headed towards out of the court.

The ball had slammed onto the court as everyone was silent, too stunned to speak.

TWEEEEET!

Karasuno now had 21 points with Shiratorizawa at 19.

Then, cheers erupted from the audience.

"What? Seriously?!"

Daichi was breathing heavily as he turned around, hugging Asahi. Sugawara and Chiharu soon joined them. The four third-years hugged one another as they sobbed out loud.