⁽ ²³ ⁾ "𝒯ℯ𝓂𝓅ℴ"

A/N: Hello, readers! Here's another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on august 7th, 2021 @ 6:02pm

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE - TEMPO

CHIHARU HAD THE MONDAY AFTERNOON off from practice since the gym was being inspected, but it should be finished in time for tomorrow. Chiharu was walking home from school with his gym bag over his shoulder, thinking about what he should do once he reached his apartment. He thought about calling his twin brother, but he would be too busy with school and finishing up exams.

As he was walking, a sign caught his interest as he stopped to inspect it. "Lil'Tykes Volleyball Classroom?" Chiharu thinks to himself, humming in thought. He was about to walk away when he heard a voice.

"Hey, you." An elder man called out. Chiharu stopped and looked at him. He had short gray-white hair and a tiny beard at the bottom of his chin. Despite his age, he appeared to be well-built and athletic.

"You're from the Karasuno Volleyball Club?" He asked, gesturing to the gray haired male's gym bag, to which he nodded.

"Yeah." Chiharu replied as the elder man smirked.

"Mind helping me train a few of these brats?" He asked.

"Uh, okay." Chiharu responded, shrugging. He had nothing else to do for the day anyhow.

"Great, just put your bag on the ground there." He said as Chiharu did so. He walked over to see some kids looking at him in confusion.

"Whoa! He's really tall!" One of them exclaimed as Chiharu just smiled at them.

"They all have to be in junior high would be my guess." Chiharu thought, looking over to the elder man. "Hey, I never got your name. I'm Mayuzumi Chiharu."

He grinned. "Ukai Ikkei, but you can call me Ukai Sr or whatever." He introduced himself. Chiharu at first nodded but then realized something.

"Hmm? Did he say Ukai? Why does that name sound familiar?" Chiharu wondered as his eyes widened in realization. "I remember you now! You're Karasuno's old coach!"

Ikkei laughed. "Ah, you must be a third-year at Karasuno." He stated as Chiharu nodded, but then blinked when he realized something.

"I thought you were in the hosptial." Chiharu mumbled as Ikkei scoffed.

"I got discharged. I'm fine now." He reassured him, waving him off.

"Anyway, Mayuzumi, was it?"

"Yeah, but just call me Chiharu. I prefer it."

"What's your position?"

"I'm a libero." Chiharu answered, making Ikkei's eyes widen with shock as if he wasn't expecting someone like him to play libero. "But I used to be a setter, so I can do that position as well."

"Great, that's good to know." He said. "Help these kids with their spikes. I'll switch in after three rounds of spiking."

Chiharu walked up to a volleyball on the ground and gave it to the first kid. "Wow, so you're apart of a real team?" He questioned, looking at the gray haired male in amazement. Chiharu chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah, and we'll be going to the spring nationals, too." Chiharu claimed as the kids got in line.

"Whenever you're ready." Chiharu called out as the small boy nodded and threw up the ball as he ran forward. Chiharu decided not to use all of his power. These were just junior high kids after all. So he sent him a more gentler toss as he watched the kid spike it down.