The Time I Became A Rope

Skylar's POV

I took the hand Xavier had extended to help me step out of the car and I shot him a grateful smile. He returned my smile with a grin of his own and kept his hand clasped with mine to approach his house. And let me tell you, the house was fudging huge. I was in marvel of the place but I didn't have time to fully examine it, because we were soon on the porch. Before he could even open the door the door flew open and there stood Xander. Damn, he looked good.

He was wearing a plain blue button up shirt untucked and a pair of white dress pants. His hair was sexily messy and I couldn't help but smile.

"Skylar," he greeted, looking me over hungrily.

I could feel my cheeks heat up. "Xander."

He finally met my eyes and smiled. "You look breathtaking."

Could my cheeks get any warmer? "You look pretty good yourself," I replied, trying to drain the color from my face.

A throat cleared and I saw an annoyed looking Xavier.

"Mind moving so we can actually go in the house, brother?" he asked.

Xander rolled his eyes and scowled at his twin but gave me a smile. I peered past Xander to get a look at the interior and let me tell you, I was impressed. The foyer was huge. White clean walls and a dark cherry floor. I looked back and Xander and he pulled my free hand in the house and my body followed, so did Xavier's body because he was still holding my left hand. I was suddenly in between the two twins with each one holding one of my hands. They both seemed to notice because they both began glaring at eachother. The room suddenly felt smaller and the tension was so thick, I could feel it. A growl came from deep in Xander's throat and I let out a sheepish yelp as he yanked me towards him. But Xavier didn't let go and instead pulled me towards him.

And ladies and gentlemen, that was the time I became a rope in a game of tug of war. The two continued to pull and I let out little squeaks. My arms were incredibly sore but it felt good having us touching. It felt great actually! I would've loved the feeling had I not had the feeling that a fight was about to break out any minute now.

Suddenly it dawned on me, if they were to fight, who would win? Who would I want to win? Xander was incredibly nice and funny but it was obvious he could more than hold his own if it came down to it. Xavier seemed more brooding and intimidating, he wasn't quite as open as his brother, would that play a role in a fight? I could see Xavier as the one who could be quite ruthless if it came down to it. But they were twins and both Alpha's. And they were both my mates. Of course I didn't want them to fight! But what if they did? Would one be willing to kill the other?

Suddenly, I felt panicked. Would Xander kill Xavier over me? Would Xavier kill Xander? I couldn't bear the thought of losing one of my mates. Especially because of death. But I knew soon I would have to choose and it was a scary thought. What if I couldn't choose? Would they take matters into their own hands and choose for me?

The tug of war continued but I had fallen into the abyss of my thoughts. When I pulled back out I realized I was no longer in between them, but behind Xavier. I looked around him to see a growling Xander lunge forward but someone from behind stopped him right as I cried out. The person pulled him back with such force, he hit one of the walls.

"Enough!" a loud voice boomed.

Putting two and two together I figured it was the voice of the person who had stopped the fight. I stepped out from behind Xavier to see a man who looked no older than my dad standing between the twins. You could tell he was an Alpha. That's when the rest of the puzzle clicked together, he was their dad.

Nervousness flooded me again. I was meeting their parents. After I caused a fight. Good grief.

"Have you lost your mind?" the man demanded, glaring down Xander.

Xander was glaring right back. It seemed as if he was emberassed having been overpowered by his dad. His face was red and he looked mad. His dad gave him a warning growl before turning back to Xavier to address him and for the first time noticing me. He gave me a warm smile and pushed Xavier aside, earning a growl from him. He shot him a 'shut up' look and turned his gaze back to me.

"You must be the lovely Skylar," he said, with a warm smile.

I blushed lightly. Good grief could all the males in the family make me blush?! "Uh..yes, that would be me," I answered shyly.

He extended his hand and I shook it politely.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, I apologize for my sons behavior. They're a little on the cranky side," he said.

I stifled a giggle. Xander's face was burning bright red and Xavier looked like a child that got told he couldn't have any dessert.

"My wife and I have been anxious to meet you," he said.

About that time a woman came around the corner. And she was stunning. She had the long blonde locks that matched her son's hair color and crystal blue eyes. She was also dressed quite elegantly, a white strapless dress and a red cardigan. You could immediately tell she was a Luna.

"Skylar! Darling! It's a pleasure to meet you!" she declared.

I reached my hand out for a hand shake but instead she pulled me into a tight embrace. Emphasis on the tight.

"Mother! You're crushing her!" Xavier cried out.

With a slight giggle she released me and gave me a warm smile. I instantly liked her.

"So, why are you all standing out here?" she asked, examining the males in the room.

"Xander over here tried to attack his brother," her husband explained.

She narrowed her eyes at Xander and gave me a kind smile. "Xavier why don't you take Skylar to the dining room? I would like a word with Alexander."

Xavier shrugged and grasped my hand, towing me to their dining room. His dad followed us. There was a large mahogany table set up with a light blue table cloth. There were five places set and ready to go. I took the seat that Xavier pulled out for me and he sat beside me.

Their dad glanced around and he mumbled, "Oh boy."

"What?" Xavier asked, alarmed.

"You're mother must've found her wooden spoon," he said with a grimace.

Xavier's eyes went wide and I furrowed my brow in confusion.

About that time I heard shouting from the foyer.

"I warned you, Alexander!" their mother's voice rang out followed by a whacking sound and him squealing.

--

Sorry it is short, ya'll! My birthday is Monday the 9th so I might not get any writing done until after that. I already have some done on the next chapter which will feature the actual dinner. I will post a preview of that chapter on my page sometime this weekend so be sure to follow me for that. Also, I will be updating The Alpha's Sorceress after my brithday and The Devil's Favorite Angel. So be on the lookout!

What do you think will happen next? Who's your favorite character?

Thanks for reading!

Pic is their mom.