Rooftop Talk

Skylar's POV

I climbed out of bed and into the shower earlier than usual, still all giddy from my date last night. The fireflies, the music, Xander, it was perfect. But today I got to have some one on one time with Xavier. Of course I was excited for that but I honestly didn't know what to expect. My wolf felt giddy and ready to go, much like me.

I didn't know where we were going so I settled on a yellow tank top, a black flannel shirt over it, black skinny jeans, and a pair of cute ankle boots. I let my hair go natural and applied a bit of eyeliner. I think I looked good. I felt a bit nervous. It was my first one-on-one time with Xavier. Of course I was bound to be a bit nervous.

I was sitting outside about 11:30. I had called myself in sick and decided to grab breakfast before showing up to the school. I sat out by the woods so the teachers wouldn't see me. I heard a roar of an engine and smelled that oh so heavenly scent.

A sleek black mustang pulled up in front of me. The windows were tinted so dark I couldn't see the driver but I knew it was Xavier. The doors clicked, a sign telling me to get in. I opened the passenger side and slid in on to the leather seat.

I took note of the leather interior and clean floorboard. The car looked brand new. Some rock song was playing softly on the stereo.

"Like it?"

That voice sent shivers down my spine. Of course he could tell I was checking his car out. I glanced up and made eye contact with those striking eyes.

"Yeah, I do."

He and Xander were twins, they looked so much alike but there were differences. Xavier looked a bit more tan and his hair was a bit longer, where as Xander's was kept pretty trim.

Xander was always casual. Usually a hoodie and jeans, whereas Xavier always looked more formal. I took in his outfit, black polo shirt, dark jeans, and combat boots. The top buttons on his polo was undone, teasing me with a sneak peek of what's under that shirt.

He noticed me checking him out and a smirk took place on his face.

"Don't drool on my seats," he said.

I blushed furiously and glanced away. I busied myself with reaching for the seatbelt and buckling myself in. He pressed on the accelerator and we were off.

"So, where we going?"

"Somewhere."

I rolled my eyes and huffed, vague much?

"Is this one of those extremely cliche surprise things?"

His lips twitched and there was a low chuckle, "I assure you, nothing about this will be cliche."

I just shrugged and watched the passing scenery.

"What's your life story?"

That question caught me off guard.

"Huh?"

He was keeping his eyes on the road but it felt as if he was looking right through me. It always felt like that.

"I want to know everything about you."

"Uh, why?"

"You're my mate."

"Um, okay. I'm Skylar Anne Martin. Werewolf. Uh, I have an older brother. I go to Crestwood.." I trailed off.

He sighed. "Let's try a different approach, I ask, you answer."

"Uh, alright."

"First kiss?"

Well he cuts straight to the point.