OUR mate, not YOUR mate!

Skylar'sPOV

'I now pronounce you man and wife, you may kiss the bride," the priest declared.

I smiled as I stared into the electric blue eyes of my mate. Our faces inched closer and I noticed his eyes trained on my lips. My eyes darted down to his mouth. How heavenly it looked. We were mere inches apart when a loud noise made my eyes fly open.

''Skylar!''

"Huh? What?" my head shot up from my desk as I looked at my mom in the mirror that hung on the wall in front of my desk. She stood there looking amused as I wiped the drool from the corner of my mouth and spun around in my chair to face her.

''Who's Xander?" she asked, taking a seat on the foot of my bed.

I blushed. I didn't tell her I found my mate.If I tell her, she'll pressure me to bring him here.

''What do you mean?" I asked innocently.

''I heard you mumbling the name Xander in your sleep.''

''Oh, I um, uh, was dreaming about a hamster, I said hamster. I've always wanted a hamster.''

Please buy it. Please buy it. I crossed my fingers behind my back as she gave me a confused look.

''Okay then. Well, I'm going to the store. What sounds good for supper?" she asked as she made her way to the door.

Crap. My date! Think fast, Skylar. She bought the hamster excuse, after all.

''Actually, I don't feel well. I think I might just have a sandwich or something light.''

She nodded and walked out of my room and closed my door. Breathing a sigh of relief I checked my phone. Two voice mails and one text. I listened to the voice mails first.

''Hola mi amigo el chica..yeah, I don't even know what I just said. Anywho, I didn't see you after school. Weren't we going for fro-yo? You can't just ditch me...I mean, hash tag rude much!"

I rolled my eyes at Cheyenne using hash tags in conversations and made a mental note to text her and I listened to my next voicemail.

''Hey, it's Colby. I won't be home til tomorrow, I'm crashing at a friend's. I need you to feed my fish for me, okay, thanks, yeah, uh, layers.''

Shaking my head at my brother's voice mail I opened my text.

Hey, I'm excited forour date!

I bit my lip and formulated a reply to Xander telling him that I am also excited and I was going to start getting ready. Tossing my phone on my bed, I grabbed my pink robe that said DIVA in glittery letters on the back and went into the bathroom to take a shower.

Xavier'sPOV

I kicked the door in that lead to my brother's office where a blonde guy sat at his desk eating Cheerios. He looked like he was about to wet his pants.

''Where is Xander ?!"

He's taking my mate out on a date! He can't do that! I'm going to strangle him.

''B-b-bedroom.''

I stormed out of the room and made a beeline for his bedroom and threw the door open and saw him jump up from his bed. I let out a feral growl and advanced towards him.

''What the hell?!" he screamed.

I grabbed him and slammed him against the wall. ''What the hell are you doing my asking my mate out on a date?!"

''YOUR mate? Last time I checked she was OUR mate!" he yelled back.

''Your acting like she's only yours!" I growled out.

''We agreed to wait!"

''So in the meantime you forget all about how I feel seeing my brother with my mate when she doesn't even know I exist?!"

We were in a glaring match. Neither of us breaking eye contact. I was seconds from ripping his throat out and I could tell he was struggling to contain himself as well. Our wolves both fought for control, wanting to attack eachother. Show the other one who was truly dominant. Show the other one who truly was Skylar's mate.

''Alpha! What's wrong?"

Some kid burst through the door and I dropped Xander . ''Nothing,'' I answered for him. ''Two days, Xander.''

I stormed past the kid bumping his shoulder with mine as I walked out. I just have to wait two days. But I don't think I can wait that long.

Pic is of Cheyenne. Hope you enjoyed!