Wanting My Mate

Xander's POV

Mate? Did he say mate? He didn't say mate. We can't have the same mate, there's some mistake.

I felt jealousy surge through me. I wanted my own mate. One who'd love me and only me. I felt the urge to punch something so I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. When I opened my eyes, Xavier was gone. I scanned the hall for him but he wasn't there, more importantly, neither was my mate.

Skylar's POV

I was at my locker getting my books out when my bestfriend, Cheyenne Andrews rushed up to me.

"Guess what!" she squealed, her dark brown eyes shining with excitement. There was a definite glow to her today, I had a suspicion of her news but I didn't even get to answer her before my suspicions were confirmed, my best friend had found her mate.

"Oh my gosh, Chey, that's great!'' I told her, pulling her in for a hug.

She squeezed me tightly and I grunted.

"You're crushing me."

"Oh!" She pulled back and gave me a sheepish grin. I rolled my eyes at her and tossed my hair over my shoulder then shutting my locker. "So, who is the lucky wolf?"

"Me!" She smirked and grabbed my arm pulling me towards her, "Trevor Wilkes," she whispered in my ear.

''No way! The Trevor Wilkes? As in, the hottest guy in the whole pack?!'' I asked in utter disbelief.

Trevor Wilkes. Arguably the hottest guy in the pack and his sweet personality made him even more attractive. Our families go way back so I had interacted with him before and thinking about it now, he and Cheyenne would be perfect together. Both were attractive with hearts of gold and they both had a sense of humor.

''Yup!'' she answered, sighing dreamily and pressing her back to the lockers next to mine before dramatically sliding to the floor, ''How did I get so lucky?''

I chuckled and rolled my eyes, I slid down beside her and pulled out a bag of M&M's from my backpack, tearing open the package I offered her some. She put her palm out and took them without hesitation, popping them in her mouth.

"So when did you find out?" I asked.

"This morning, actually. I was late to class and I literally ran into him!" she groaned, "I was so humiliated. Then I looked up and saw him, really saw him, I always knew he was hot but he suddenly looked so attractive. Then this heavenly smell just floated in the air and when our eyes met, I just knew."

I sighed dreamily. I couldn't help but envy her mildly, I had always dreamt of finding my mate.

I didn't get a chance to reply before the bell rang. We both groaned in unison and stood up.

"I am going to request more details later, you know," I told her.

She giggled and rolled her eyes. "Oh I know."

"Laters!" I called out walking towards my first class.

"See ya!" I heard her call back.

I lazily walked towards my first class when I smelled something. Something so mouthwatering delicious I just wanted to run towards it. It smelled kind of woodsy but there was something else to it. And it made my wolf perk up.

Mate.

I froze. My mate. He was here!

I turned towards the smell but it seemed to be getting farther and farther away. He must be going to class. Something I need to do myself. Both my wolf and I wanted nothing more but to go look for the male that was destined to be my other half. But I might not live long enough to meet my mate if my parents find out I skipped class. So with a groan I continued towards the classroom but a small smile spread on my lips. I had a mate. And he was here.

Xander's POV

I started down the hall, following my mate's beautiful scent. While I was trying to calm down earlier, the bell rang so she had went to class. My first class was English with Mrs. Tyler and it was on the other side of the school. My mate was more important than getting to class, though, so I kept walking down the hallway until a middle-aged woman walked up to me.

''Aren't you supposed to be in class?'' she questioned, crossing her arms.

''Uh, I'm lost?'' I tried, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly.

I didn't want to deal with her. My wolf was antsy wanting to get to my mate but I knew if I cut class I would be in so much trouble. And on my first day.

She rolled her eyes and tapped her foot. ''What class do you have?''

''English with Mrs. Tyler, ma'am.'' I answered honestly.

The scent started to get farther away, making me want to run and chase her down. I bet my mate was as glorious as she smelled. B

''That's on the other side of the school, come, I'll escort you there,''she stated as she walked past me as I fell into step behind her. I inwardly groaned.

I guess I'll have to meet my mate at lunch, then.

---

English drug on and on. I wanted nothing more but to go find my mate and mark her. I just felt such a strong connection. However, what my brother said was still haunting me in the back of my mind.

I hoped he didn't say mate. Is it possible to share a mate? Maybe he smelled someone else. He had to. Right?

I slammed my head onto my desk and focused on the faded smell of my mate. Lunch couldn't come close enough. I wanted her now.

Skylar in the photo. Thanks for reading! Any feedback is appericiated!