xxi. band of gold

➳ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕒𝕚𝕟'𝕥 𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕓𝕖𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕚𝕟' 𝕓𝕪 𝕗𝕒𝕥𝕤 𝕨𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕣

THE WEEK was filled with firsts for Donna as opposed to the teen beside her who had done this routine several times over. Whenever there was a day he could not stand another second at the high school, Marty would ditch and head down to the mall in an attempt to salvage what was left of any sort of joy the school had taken from him. Of course this sounds dramatic, but in the mind of the teenager it didn't even fully describe how painful it was to have to be around there any longer than he needed to. "Surprised people don't do this more often if it's so easy," Donna mentioned beside him with her hands behind her back and a skip in her steps.

"See, then people become greedy with it. They end up abusing their power until it gets the best of them," Marty explained to exaggeratedly puff his chest towards her, "People like us though are smarter than that. We don't take advantage of this." Returning the grasp she had on him by tightening his hold to pull her closer he moved their direction to take a short stop over to the gas station to buy themselves a treat before going on their way.

Shaking her head over this she slipped her arm around his still with her own excited bounce in the heels with each step she took. "Makes a lot of sense." Moving into the shop she distanced herself again only to be pulled back to have her chuckle under her breath over his inability to let her go. Leading him over to grab the a couple of lollipops for herself as he already grabbed a Pepsi for himself Marty looked between her and the candies with a smirk.

"Sure you want something sweet?"

"Why? Because I'm already such a sweetheart?" Donna returned.

Not being as affected by this he flicked her nose playfully. "Look at you. Anyone trying to smooth talk you doesn't know what they're getting."

She sheepishly waved a hand over this while he paid to disagree with the notion. "That's not the same thing. There aren't a lot of people like you." Lifting her gaze up to see the small side-grin he had over this Donna corrected herself. "That I know of at least."

"You're never gonna meet anyone like me," Marty told her, knowing for a fact this time it was true as he raised the Pepsi bottle in her direction before handing it to her so she could help him take off the bottle cap.

Handing it back Donna heaved a deep breath in defeat. "I do wish that weren't true, though." Seeing she had agreed the pair continued on their trek to spend the rest of their afternoon with the extra time they had to spend. Most everyone still in the high school that she knew and her family possibly no where around to catch her was about as close to a perfect way to spend this as she could get.

"So, what did you have in mind today?" Looking over to his side to Donna still sucking on the lollipop she's gotten herself from him on their brief stop to the gas station in the courthouse square he couldn't help to smile over her genuine interest.

Marty shook the thought away to continue to walk ahead to the tailors. "Well seeing as you're a little queenie yourself, I'd think you'd have the best taste to see what I'm going to wear for the dance tomorrow," He explained to have her hold his arm with wide-eyes as if the suggestion was illogical.

"You've had a week to get yourself a suit and you haven't even done that. Honestly, manage your time." A joke passed her mind over this being impossible with his inability to be able to tell time to make herself laugh before moving on. "Haven't got much taste in that department so you'll end up looking bland."