viii. a new star

➳ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕜𝕖, 𝕣𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕝𝕖, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕝 𝕓𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕙𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕪 & 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕤

GOING THROUGH the lunch line and grabbing a tray on her way, Betty eyed the brunette beside her having been silent this whole day. "Did you end up taking my advice on getting that paper written?"

"Yeah, but I feel all strange about it. If Mrs. Love found out I ch—"

"Well if you go around saying it, then she is," Her friend stopped her for Donna to form her mouth into an Oh over this having slipped her mind. The girls then looked over to Lorraine still recounting the events of Saturday over to Betty. Noticing the usually innocent girl bothered by the exaggerations suddenly peaked her interest to find out another side of the story. "How was that dinner at Lorraine's house? Really?"

Looking up to Babs suggesting something out of this she shook her head, to carry her tray alongside her towards their table. "Sure, she can spill it to you next. I was just a guest after all," Donna explained, though wanting to tell someone that the boy in question had no pants in her room of all places was something that still startled her.

Taking their seats with Donna paired up beside Lorraine as she always was and Betty and Babs opposite them, she gently nudged her as she attempted to open up the bottle for the glass of milk she'd grabbed. "Yes?" Donna whispered confused, her friend snatching the bottle to pop open the lid to avoid having to wait for her.

"Well you never told me? Did you end up seeing where he's staying at when you rode back home?" Lorraine asked as her eyes looked towards her desperate over getting another interaction with Marty.

In worry her friend would be jealous of Donna not only seeming him once but three times since their first meeting on Saturday, she spared the details of everything that had occurred. Considering Marty was also affiliated with Doctor Brown she assumed it was for her friend's benefit to keep her out of trouble until there were some questions answered. "Uh no, I was volunteering to head down at the recreation center after church on Sunday so I was never able to check. I'm sorry."

"Aw, it's fine. Sure I'll be seeing lots of him soon," She said in a daze. Not helping to laugh over her getting caught up again over all of this without him being around Donna turned up to talk with the rest of the group instead.

Meanwhile, Marty entered the packed cafeteria in search of his father yet again. Spotting him alone on one of the bench tops he made himself comfortable to seat himself on the opposite side of him. "George, buddy." Watching his father preoccupied with a notepad and eagerly scribbling away on a piece of paper on his opposite side, he continued to persist out of Doc's request to stick by him. Something that didn't need much convincing considering the matter of him existing or not after all of this was left on the line. "Remember that girl I introduced you to? Lorraine?"

He turned back to the lunch tables to catch his mother seated beside Donna, now whispering something over to her. Instead Marty was caught with her overly dark brown eyes locking with him to have her grow red from the glance. Her hair was still tucked away into a braided bun, some strands lingering on either side to shape her face as they looked towards one another for awhile.

Turning back to say something to her friend, Marty cleared his throat over this to turn back over to his father. The amount of attention George was giving the documents scattered before him was enough to confuse Marty over his father putting so much effort into something. Such wasn't a normal occurrence in '85, being as he wasn't all that interesting to be around. "What are you writing?"