4| Telepathy

James's POV

"And that's it for today. Good job, James. Amazing as always. This is getting done faster than I thought. What are you planning to do now before the next shot in a few hours?" Mateo asked me. He is another photographer that was also working on this project. While we didn't work in the same fields, we got partnered together a lot and slowly became acquaintances. It is nice to work with someone you know. It is way less awkward and efficient.

We were just finishing up with the second session of shots and were packing up our equipment before our break. Cameras and pods are very expressive these days, especially when it is the equipment of a professional photographer. It is very important to pack them away as soon as the job is over to reduce the risk of accidentally being broken. It can still happen, like someone knocking it over or stealing it, but at least it is safer.

I looked at Mateo while cleaning the lens of my camera. "I don't know. I may just walk around the shopping center again. I saw a very cute shop yesterday while walking around. I may check it out and see if there is anything I can buy for the girls," I replied.

"Your sister and girlfriend? Well, you better go there fast. I heard that the shops are constantly getting out of stock. With Christmas Eve being tomorrow, everyone wants to get the last-minute gifts done. I will just go with you since I also need to get something for my parents," Mateo said, putting his camera into his bag.

"Sure, you are free to join," I responded.

After packing up, we took our things and walked out of the studio. "That would be a great place for the next shot. It looks very natural and romantic. What do you think, James?" Mateo asked, pointing at the middle of the shopping center, where a big tree was standing.

I looked at it for a while. "That is a good idea. I think it would be perfect," I said, nodding with approval. I noted the location before we continued to walk.

Like yesterday, the shops are busy with shoppers and parents walking around. Some have many bags in their arms as they dashed from one place to another. Others didn't carry anything but only a small bag as they talked with their friends. The air is still filled with noises and the sweet smell of food.

Mateo and I walked around the streets for a while before I found the shop that I am looking for, the BT21 Line Friends Collection shop. The store is squished in between a cute stationery store and a bookstore. It was cutely decorated and anyone can see a large crowd of girls in the store. I took out my camera and took a picture.

"Should post this on Instagram later," I thought, looking at the picture that I just took before putting the camera away. I pulled Matao to the shop.

Like the cuteness outside the store, the inside is warm, friendly, and cute. All around us are the cute BT12 merch. But, I am here hoping for one thing.

"Mateo, I will have to look for something, mind if you wait for a while?" I asked.

"Sure thing, mate. I might just look around for a while as well," Mateo said.

I thanked him before looking for an employee to help me. After talking with the employee for a while and waiting for the employee to get the things for me, I was finally in the line for checkout. Mateo was waiting for me outside the store after shopping around while I was waiting. We also went to the stationery store next door to see if there is anything we can get before deciding to call it a day and went to grab some food.

"Here you go, hot dog?" Mateo asked and handed me a plate. "Your family and your girlfriend will be very happy with the gifts. They are an ARMY?"

"Yea. My sister and my girlfriend are," I replied, taking a huge bite of the hotdog. After waiting in line for a while, anyone would be starving.

"That is nice. In my family, my sister is a huge fan of BTS as well. She spends all her money on the albums and merch. Really makes me worried sometimes," Mateo sighed.

I laughed. "Don't worry. She will get better," I said.

In front of us, there was a street musician, playing songs. Without knowing, the song "Telepathy" started to play. I finished up my hotdog quickly and washed it down with my coffee before taking out my phone to record. I have to send this to Lara later. She would be so excited.

"Hey, almost time to go," Mateo whispered to my ears. He noticed that I was recording the performance.

"I know. We will go after the performance is over," I replied, whispering.

Mateo sighed and rolled his eyes before taking both of our trash. I sat there and continued to record.

The performance was over soon and I ended the recording. We took everything with us before going back to work after I gave some tips to the performer. Only a few more hours of work before going back to the hotel.