6| Blue & Grey

James's POV

"Mateo, are you ready to go home?" I asked, looking at Mateo, who was sitting at the front of the television screen on the floor with his back towards me. I was sitting on the sofa behind him, drinking my cup of hot coffee.

Mateo turned around and looked at me, clearly annoyed. "Did you, or did you not, see me trying to meditate right now? I got it that you are excited to go home, but the plane is at night okay? I will pack soon after I finish my meditation. Seriously, hold your horses," Mateo mumbled before looking back to the blank screen.

I chuckled and checked the time. There are still a few more hours before the flight and we still have to quickly finish packing our things before the flight. Mateo and I decided to go to the airport and wait four hours before our flight so that we can get through the secretaries and the checkups done. Of course, before that, we would get our food ready while we wait.

It has been a little over a week since I have been abroad for this project. I am glad to finally get it over with and go home, especially before New Years. I fear that by the time I get home, it is the new year already. I would have missed the countdown with Lara, but what can I do? At least I would be able to make it to her on time. I had already texted Jessica about my plans, and she agreed to keep it a surprise from Lara. I can finally be home. I am sure that Lara's parents and my parents would be a bit mad at me, but at least I made it. While Mateo didn't show it, he is also excited to spend time with his family.

I quickly finished my coffee and went back to packing. After finishing the project last night, I had already moved my ticket earlier and started packing. All the clothes are in the suitcase and the photography equipment is in their own suitcase. I just need to finish packing some more clothes and the gifts. Mateo still has his share of things to finish packing before we leave.

I walked toward the bathroom to change into something warm. I heard from Lara that it had been cold at home these following days. I button up my long coat and put my scarf in my coat pockets, along with the plane tickets, my phones, and the keys.

After a few hours, we are finally on our way to the airport, after making sure that we have everything with us. The sun is finally high up in the sky. It is about noon. I smiled. I am getting closer to home.

"Ahh... a few more hours till home. I can't believe it," Mateo sighed as we walked through the machines to make sure that we didn't bring anything illegal onboard. We also make sure to have the workers to check our equipment luggage, just in case. We are currently sitting in the waiting area for our plane to get called. "It sure takes a while to check up. The securities these days are getting stricter and stricter day by day."

"I agree, but at least we are on our way home, right?" I smiled, looking through the pictures that I took while on our way to the airport and while we were waiting in line at the airport for our checkup.

"Hey. Let's hang out sometimes when we can. What do you think? Sometimes I bring my sister to BTS concerts, fan signings, and all that. Maybe we can go together sometimes," Mateo suggested as he leaned back to his seat.

I looked at him in surprise before my lips curled up. "Of course, that would be a great idea. I am sure my sister and my girlfriend would love to meet your sister," I said.

"Mia? She is a lot to handle," Mateo said under his breath, but I can still hear him.

I laughed out loud. "I am sure Jessica, my sister, is the worst."

We continued to talk about our plans when we heard a commotion at the desk. There is a man there, talking to the front desk lady, frustrated and not sure what to do. Mateo and I looked at each other before we both decided to take our things with us and walk toward the man.

"Good afternoon. What is happening here?" Mateo asked politely.

"My plane is in an hour, but my wife and I had an argument this morning. I have to leave for work, and my wife is not so happy about it. I cannot change the time now because all the plane tickets are all booked, but I want to go home and soothe my wife before leaving," the man said. From his voice and his look, I can tell that he is worried about his family and doesn't know what to do.

"May I ask where you are planning on going?" I asked.

"XX City," the man said.

Mateo and I looked at each other in surprise. That is our home.

"We are going back to XX City too, but it is eleven at night. If it is okay with the front desk and you, we can switch our tickets," I said, showing the man our tickets.

He looked at us as if he saw God in front of him. "Can we do that?" he asked, looking at the worker.

"If both sides agreed, it shouldn't be a problem," the lady said. "We just need to change the names on the tickets, that's all."

"I will have my assistant bring our tickets over. That way, both of you can travel at the same time. Thank you so much!" the man said before running away.

It took a while, but the man brought back another man with glasses and we gave the lady our papers. We waited while the lady typed quickly on the paper before handing us our paper.

"Sir, your ticket is now in half an hour, so you may want to wait for your call," the lady said, handing us the new tickets. Then, she looked at the other two men. "Sir, your tickets are in four hours. Please be here at least an hour before your plane schedule."

We thanked the lady before walking away.

"God bless you two. Thank you so much," the man said, handing both of us a business card before running away with his luggage and his assistant behind him.

Mateo and I looked at our new tickets. We are going to make it home before New Year Eve ends!

Both of us were able to get onto the plane safely and we landed at our city after six hours of flight. Because of the time difference, it is currently nine in the evening, when it should have been eleven. We waited to get our things before we went our separate ways since Mateo needs to go the opposite way. I waved goodbye before stepping on my subway. When I get in, I turn on my phone and check the time. It is currently eleven fifteen. Can I make it to her on time?

When I looked out the window, I saw something strange. It was a small pink whale from one of the BTS videos, and it is outside my window. I rubbed my eyes. It is still there. I quickly took a picture of the whale.

Two stops before my stop, the whale came and flew out. No one else seems to notice it. I stared at it. It seems to want me to get off of this stop. I can't think. I quickly grab my two bags and rush out. There is this feeling in me that says I have to follow it. I wonder where it will take me.