6 ~ Money

Next day, Jin went to the guest room. To have a conversation with y/n. He stood outside the door and thought if he should knock first. But then he just straight up opened the door. He found her sitting on the bed. But she stood up when she heard the door behind his open and saw Jin standing there.

"Can we talk?" He asked, straightforward and clear. Y/n nods and he lets himself get inside and close the door behind. "Look, I don't want to marry you." He said and y/n looks away, refusing to look at him. He waits for her to say something but she stayed quiet. "Listen, if we both go and tell my father that we don't want this marriage, he won't force me to do it anymore. So now you will come with me and tell him you reject me."

He pointed his hand towards the door but she stayed still. "Are you not going to say anything?" Her silence was annoying him. Neither she was doing what he wanted her to do. "What's your problem? Oh, I get it. Did my father force you into this? Don't worry about it, I'll explain it to him. You just have to do exactly what I tell you to. C'mon, let's go now."

He walked towards the door, holding it open for her. "C'mon! Come out."

Y/n gulped, gathering all her guts to answer him. "No.." she said.

"No? What do you mean by no?" He said walking closer "so you do want this marriage? I can't believe this bullshit. You want to marry a man you know nothing about? Tell me one good reason why, just one!" He said and she still stood there looking away, not saying anything. "I'm telling you I don't want to marry you and you're still standing here being stubborn? You're such a cheap woman!" He grunts making her snap out and face him.

Suddenly, he grabs her arm roughly. Tight enough to cause her pain. "Are you happy now? Ofcourse, you are happy! All of your dreams will come true. You'll become rich in just one night." He said and y/n felt so disgusted listening it. "How much money you need? How much is my dad offering you? Tell me, I will give you double the amount."

Y/n pushes away his hand and he left the room slamming the door. She took a deep breath, inhaling in. Trying hard to not burst into tears again. Jin went to his room and thought about it. It didn't look like she was happy or she was here with her own will. He was sure something was wrong with her and maybe she was hiding something. There was a look in her eyes, as if she's been holding in. Holding in a lot. And it doesn't seem like she would be a gold digger. But then what was the reason. All these thoughts were going inside his head. And it was getting more messed up. Nothing was making sense.

Later that day, Hana visited Kyunmi again. They both were sitting in the living room, having some tea.

"How are you, dear?" Kyunmi asked, hesitating.

"Don't even ask me, Mrs Kim!" Hana responded "I've never felt so disappointed before. I couldn't sleep the whole night. I can't believe uncle is doing something like this."

"Trust me dear even Jin couldn't fall asleep last night. And I've been stressed too." Kyunmi said "He doesn't want this marriage. Give me some time, I will plan something."

"Promise me, aunty. This wedding will never happen." Hana said.

"I promise, my dear. I will do everything I can to stop this!"

~

It was almost night now, the sun was about to set. Jin saw her standing outside in the yard, alone. He approached her and asked her to go somewhere with him. She didn't know what to say or do. So she agreed and followed behind him. He took her out in one of his cars.

"Where are we going?" She asked when she realised they've came somewhere far. It was a long road, like a highway. He stopped the car and got out of his seat. Opening the door for her, he said "get out." She looked around, there was a car parked ahead of them. With it's driver standing outside. "Get out!" He yells, making her flinch.

She walks out and he drags her to the other car. He opened the back door and handed over a packet to her. She looked at it, it felt like there was money inside it. A lot of money, like a big bundle. But she didn't dare to open it and check. She looked at him confused. "What is this?" She asked.

"There is enough money in this envelope for you to spend a whole year in luxury. And if you still need more, I'll send it to you." Jin said "take this and leave!"

Before y/n could even say anything, he walked away. Going straight to his car, driving away. But before he left, he looked at her while driving. There were tears in her eyes, he could easily see that. She stood there watch him leave and didn't know what to do. But on his way home, he received his father's text. Calling him to the company, to sign some papers. By the time he returned home, 3 hours later, he was sure y/n must have reached her small village by now. He happily walked inside but found his mother waiting outside his room.

"Mom!" He said smiling at her "guess what? She's gone, out of my life!"

"What? How?" Kyunmi asked but she was bursting with excitement right now. Feeling glad that y/n had finally left.

"I'll tell you later. I'm really tired right now." Jin said "I'm going to my room."

"Sure son." Kyunmi said giving him a peck on his cheek. "You've done a great work together!"

While jin walked through the living room, he saw his father's car arrive. And he walked out. But he was not alone. Y/n was with him.