Chapter 9

"So, what about the Resistance?" Infinite asked curiously, his fingers intertwined with Gadget's.

Gadget sighed, "Well, they want me to continue the mission but...I will have a scout with me," he frowned, "It's just a rookie, my commander wants me to spend time with the trainee to warm him up to the Resistance and the duties given."

Infinite hummed, so there would be a rookie following wherever Gadget went.

He didn't like that one bit.

"I know you wouldn't like the rookie constantly following me," Gadget continued, reading Infinite's upset face like a book. "But I have to do this, the Resistance gave me access to all the bases scattered around the continent and it's my duty to show him around and get him accustomed to the missions I am given," he glanced to the ground, "We are given permission to stay at any of the bases for rest, so I'm going to have to stay at the bases until my mission is completed."

Infinite ran a hand through the small tuffs of red fur on the side of Gadget's face, "I understand, if you want me to lay low and return to the jackal town I will," he murmured, "I don't want to screw up your mission."

Gadget frowned, "I believe it's best if that happened," he then gave a smirk, "But I would never deny you secretly following us."

Infinite chuckled lightly, "You're so mischievous," he smirked, "I think I will follow you, just to make sure you're safe."

"Uh huh, and it's definitely not to do with looking at me all the time?" Gadget raised his brows, a flirty grin on his muzzle.

"Oh definitely not," Infinite played along, faking a gasp, "I would never do such a thing," he winked.

"Sure, sure," Gadget huffed with a smirk before turning serious again, "I have to pick up the rookie tomorrow afternoon, so we should return to the village and rest up."

Infinite gave a short nod, "Instead of walking, I have a better and more efficient way to travel to the village," he smirked and lit up his ruby, the jewel glowed between the two bodies and soon enough both of them were enveloped in a red hue and disappeared from the city.

___

They arrived briefly at the village entrance, Infinite brushed the teleportation effects off like he had done it before and wasn't affected anymore by the side effects.

Which he forget to tell Gadget about...

His worries were confirmed when he heard the wolf throwing up in a nearby bush. He walked over to a haunched Gadget and rubbed his back in a form of comfort. Infinite knew the feeling of teleporting for the first time did give motion sickness, so he helped Gadget through that and after a minute Gadget was up on his feet again.

"You didn't mention that..." Gadget grumbled, rubbing his aching and cramping stomach in an attempt to soothe it.

Infinite cringed to himself at the sight of a weakened Gadget, "Sorry, I forgot you've never teleported before..." he sighed, "But, we're here so let's get you inside."

Infinite - and a nauseous Gadget, soon entered Lucy's house and Gadget sat down on the couch in the living room. Lucy sent Infinite an angry glare at seeing the state of Gadget but Infinite explained why Gadget was feeling sickly and Lucy calmed down. She gave Gadget a bucket and plenty of water so the sickness subsided.

Gadget curled up on the couch while hugging his stomach weakly, he figured some sleep will help his system clear.

Infinite glanced at Gadget from the kitchen with a sympathetic expression, he never meant for Gadget to get this sickly from teleportation, but he knew there was a first for everything and he now knew to warn Gadget before he thought of teleporting with him again.