Chapter 7: Closures

"Why didn't you tell me you kissed Rose?"

"'Cause, it's not that big a deal."

"What do you mean it's not a big deal. Oh, my God! She was your first kiss! That's why you didn't tell me."

"I didn't tell you because I didn't think it was a big deal!"

The moonlight shone on the two blondes as they argued.

"Maddie. I just looked like a fool. I'm keeping this huge secret from my best friend, but you're keeping this secret from me."

"Riley I really don't understand why this is a big deal," Madeline tells her. "Is it 'cause it's Rose?"

"No! I don't care if it was Rose! I care that I'm in love with you, and you didn't tell me," Maya blurts out before her eyes widen.

A grin spreads on Maddie's face. "You're in love with me."

Pressing her mouth together, Maya glares. "Don't."

Maddie steps closer to her. "You meant that."

"Doesn't matter," Maya shakes her head. "Why didn't you tell me about Rose?"

"Because I was 14 and drunk," she answers, reaching her hand out to grasp her hand.

Maya blinks at her. "What? You don't drink."

"Yeah, that's why. A bunch of girls on the tennis team thought it would be fun to give alcohol. They could tell I had a crush on Rose, and they encouraged me to kiss her."

"I bet Rose was shocked."

"Oh yeah. I ran away before she could say anything to me. Cornered me the next day and said she forgives me. Maya, you know I love you. I've told you that a million times."

"I know. I just-- you knew everything about my feelings for Josh, and I didn't know about Rose."

"Sorry," she leans down to kiss her. "I love you."

"I love you too."

________________________________________________________________________________

The next morning, Lucas leans on the railing of the patio. The sun was just rising, and he was up.

Is she even coming, he thought, looking down at his messages.

Meet me at the patio @ six.

His message was never answered though, but here he was. Hearing footsteps approaching, Lucas looks up from his phone. "Hey."

Riley inclines her head at him. "Hey."

"Yeah, well, I thought I should hear your apology before deciding to forgive you."

Lucas swallowed his angry response and instead said, "I apologize-"

Riley scowls at him. "You don't mean that."

"I do-"

"No, you don't! Do you know what you did to me!? How it feels to watch your so-called boyfriend walk into school with another girl in his arms? To watch you kiss her in front of me?"

"Riley-"

"I knew it too. You would always choose to hang out with her instead of me. Was your sister even there, or were you lying to me so you can make out with that blonde-haired man stealing mistress having wh-"

"ENOUGH!"

Riley backed up, her eyes wide. Yeah, they've argued before, but Lucas has never yelled at her. Ever. She's never seen such anger in his eyes either.

Queen Series: The Tripजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें