Chapter 4: Pitstop in England II

Rose blinked when a huge vanilla ice cream was placed in front of her. She looks up at the blue eyes blonde above her.

"It's your favorite still, right?" the blonde asks, taking a seat across from Rose, a strawberry cone in her hand.

"Yeah, it is."

Maya turns to the blonde sitting beside Rose. "I don't know what you want, so taught you two could share."

Maximo shrugs, unconcerned. "It's cool."

The three of them sat in front of one of the many kiosks at Chester. When Maya asked for her help, Rose had sent the rest of them away to enjoy the park, they agreed reluctantly, all except for Maximo.

He refused to allow Rose by herself with somebody that always hurts her. Whether Maya knows what she was doing or not didn't matter to him.

There was an awkward silence as they enjoyed their dessert. A few minutes later, Rose sighs.

"What do you want, Maya?"

Maya shrugs, spooning her ice cream. "I told you. I need help."

"Really? You need my help? We haven't talked to each other besides a 'hi,' in almost two years we haven't been friends since high school started. What would you need my help for!?"

Slowly Maximo places his hand on Rose's thigh in support.

"Well..." Maya starts looking away. She knew it looked bad. Coming to Rose for help after not talking to her in over a year makes it seem she's taking advantage of Rose's kindness, and maybe she was, but she had no idea what else to do. "You probably know that Maddie and I aren't seeing eye to eye at the moment bec..."

"No idea."

"Maddie hasn't talked about it."

Maya blinks at the couple. "Really? She hasn't talked about our fight."

"Nope."

"Not a word."

"The only reason we know that something was going on is because of the tension of the plane ride here. For those that know about you two, it was obvious something as going on. Plus Maddie has been tense for a couple days now," Rose clarifies.

Maya nibbles on her lower lip. "Oh. Well, we had an argument. She's mad that Riley doesn't know about us when everybody else does."

Maximo shrugs. "Can't blame her. Who wants to be treated like a dirty secret?"

Maya glares at him. "She's not a dirty secret! Don't you dare call her that!"

Maximo only arches a brow while the surrounding people glanced over them. "If only you had all that passion for her when it comes to your best friend. Then you wouldn't be in this situation now, and I wouldn't have to suffer your presence."

"What are you even doing here? I asked for Rose's help, not yours."

"If you actually think I'm going to leave you alone with Rose, then you've lost your mind, Hart."

Maya scoffs. "I'm not gonna do anything to her. I need her help."

A scowl passed through his face before it went back to neutral. "You've done enough."

"What have I done? The problem is between Riley and Rose. I have chosen to stay out of it."

"If you were staying out of it, you would tell your best friend that the sun doesn't shine from hypocritical ass. Where is your god."

"Farkle and Isadora distract her while I talk to you. They promised to keep her away for as long as possible. What does it matter to you? Again, I haven't done anything you and Rose. I've kept away."