Chapter 1: Last Day Of High School

Maximo slowly came to awareness, stretching his hand out he slammed it on his alarm, shutting it off. Taking stock of himself, he realized that he was lying on his back with Rose pressed against his side, one leg throwing over his hip, her head resting on his shoulder, and her soft hair tickling his chin.

Reluctantly he shakes her awake. "Rose, you need to wake up!" she whines in protest. "I know, but you really need to wake up."

"Fine," she grumbles, stretching her head so that she can kiss him. The kiss began slowly but escalating in speed and intensity. She presses herself even closer to Maximo, and he dips her over onto the bed as he kisses her, then pulls her up again as the kiss concludes.

"I love that you kiss me like you've never kissed me before," she tells him, caressing his face.

Maximo links his powerful arms behind her hips, swaying softly and pressing his body to hers.

"Well, I've gone a couple months without your kisses. I'm taking advantage of the fact that I can finally kiss you whenever I want and as much as I want to." He tilts his head towards her, so close that his lips brushed against hers as he speaks. "I've truly missed you."

She grins up at him. "Prove it."

He smirked down at her. "Your wish is my command."

Maximo opens her mouth with his, kissing her deeply and tenderly. He slips her onto his lap and closes the space between their bodies, wrapping his hand around her hips. When they break for air, she's flushed and breathless.

She rests her head on his shoulder as she tried to gain her composure. "I would love to go farther, but unlike you, I have class, plus I should be in Amelia's room, not yours."

He releases her, groaning. "Fine. Get out of here before Dad goes to check on Amelia and you."

Rolling off the bed, she peeks him on the lips before making her way out of the room, gently closing the door behind her.

"Morning," she mouths to Blaec, who was leaving Amelia's room.

He waves covering a yawn. "She's awake now. I'm gonna go get a shower."

"Thanks," once in Amelia's room, she jumps on the bed, disturbing the blonde who was on her phone.

"Somebody had a good night."

"We didn't do anything."

"I know. You really missed him."

"I did. Did you have a good night?"

Amelia gives her a saucy smile. "I definitely did."

Instantly Rose is off the bed. "Eww, Millie, a little warning."

"Nobody told you to jump on my bed."

Rose grabs a pillow from the bed and smacks her on the head.

"Hey!"

A pillow war ensued; the laughter of the two girls could be heard throughout the house.

_______________________________________

"Hurry up, Mads! Lucas is going to be here soon!"

Madeline hops over to her, placing her left shoe on. "I'm ready!"

"How can you wake up late on the last day of school?" Charlotte asks her.

"'Cause I don't see the point of it. We have no classes today, so what's the point."

"The point is to clean up our lockers, say bye to our friends, who knows when we'll see them again, and say goodbye to the teachers that made an impact on us. This is..."