8

sorry for the late update, i've been busy😩

-

Your index finger swiped across your phone's screen, scrolling through the contact list until finding a certain name. You pressed the call button putting the phone onto your ear to hear the other end ringing until you heard the familiar voice you had been wanting to talk to.

"Y/N?" A worried tone could be heard on the other line at the unexpected call.

You smiled taking each step of the stairs carefully and slowly. Your hand found its way to hold onto the railing out of instinct as you were feeling the lack of body coordination, "Hey Ma?" You attempted to sound like your normal voice, hiding any sign of intoxication.

"Hey sweetheart, how are you?"

Getting to the second floor, you found yourself leaning on the wall by the hallway. You closed your eyes and exhaled, smiling goofily at the amazing feeling. You were about to laugh out of nowhere but luckily you covered your mouth. "I'm so good, Ma. How's your thing– vacation doing?" Your parents went to one of their closest friends' house in Australia to pay them a visit before the pandemic bit hard. They couldn't return home and now they were trapped overseas. Fortunately, they had hospitable and helpful friends who insisted to help for the accomodations.

You had tried suggesting chartering a private jet which would cost at least a hundred and sixty thousand dollars for a one-way flight. Even Ariana wanted to help but they insisted you didn't have to considering they were loving every single part of Australia and wanted to enjoy the country more.

"You sound very happy but I hope you don't go out as much anymore since it's very dangerous at the moment there. Queensland is doing better, honey. Australia's number of cases begins to slow down a month ago and has almost eliminated the virus at the moment. We will be coming home in no time." You smiled hearing a positive news coming from her. It made you relieve knowing both of your parents were safe. "I can't believe how most of the people here are disciplined and obedient."

"Uhhh." Out of nowhere, you didn't know what to say. This led your mum to check on you if you were still on the line, bringing you back into your senses. "I miss all you all, can you please put my twin sister on the phone?"

A few seconds had passed before she responded, "Your dad?"

"No, mum. My twin Jezza, mum." You facepalmed yourself mentally after realising you had called her twice.

"What are you talking about?"

"Ma." You groaned internally, not wanting to repeat what you had just clearly said.

"What twin sister–is this a prank, Y/N?"

"Mum, just put her on." You were growing impatient and desperate at this point which never mixed well for you because it always turned into anger.

"Put on who?"

"Jennifer, mum. Oh my god......" Now, you were groaning loudly, not caring what she would think. "You're still gonna act like this? Be inconsiderate....... and rude for not accepting her?" You asked without the fear of consequences, the alcohol gave you the courage to say what you wanted, forgetting you were just acting sober not too long ago. You waited for a response despite knowing you weren't going to hear anything. Nothing. "I get that she had been away most of the time......b–but you don't have to be like this....."

"Are you on something, Y.N?" She questioned sternly noticing the nonsense speech.

You gasped taking it an offence. How could she? You clenched your jaw as you started to feel your face heating up in anger. "Mum, why you changing the subject?"