7

Four fifty-five AM. I couldn't go back to sleep.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, I tossed my phone on to the end of the bed. I got up and made my way to the bathroom, only to grab my phone in the process. Crazy.

Going through the bathroom's doorway, I hit my baby toe on the doorframe feeling an immediate shock, it was then followed by a loud bang and a sting on my forehead. Just bumped my forehead when I tried to grab my foot bending down.

Must be the karma for doing Ariana dirty last night.

I uttered a low inarticulate sound expressing the pain as I held my foot and forehead for a few minutes. "Fuck." I cursed at the universe as I felt the aching throb which came after, feeling all the bundle of special nerve endings.

I hated it, it was one of the worst pain on the planet.

I reached for the switch around on the wall next to the doorframe which I was leaning over. As soon as I successfully found it, I didn't waste a second pressing down my fingers down, turning on the bathroom lights.

I put my hair in a basic ponytail from keeping them out of my face and splashed plenty of cold water on my face. Usually, I didn't use anything else other than water to cleanse my face but since maintaining a clear visage was practically in our job description, I did this at least two weeks before the production started. I would start everyday or a few days by exfoliating my face. I felt like it really contributed to my skin feeling fresh and smooth.

Ariana did the same and would do something else afterwards. She exfoliated her skin daily and did a La Mer mask, she had been adamant about washing her face thoroughly. She tried not to fall asleep with makeup on ever but she failed all the time because life could tire anyone out just that much.

As I was rinsing my face, my phone that I had placed next to the sink, rang. Without looking at the caller ID, I grabbed the device as my thumb quickly pressed the green button accepting the call.

"Hello?" I asked the other line putting them on speaker then put my glance back to the mirror so I could continue rinsing my face using both of my hands.

"Y/N/N, will you pull up?" The unusual tone of the familiar voice was it all took for me to frown out of curiosity. "If you're not busy."

"Why would I be busy at five in the morning?" I received a chuckle as I reached for my face towel to pat my face dry. "Sure, what's wrong?"

Kehlani sighed before answering, "Pull up and I'ma tell you." This probably had something to do with the same person we were talking about.

"I'll be there."

We both said our goodbyes before hanging up. I had debated for a few minutes whether to take a shower now or later before going to Zac's but ended up taking a shower anyway. Kehlani could wait.

-

"What's u– what is that?" I asked walking closer to the woman who was sitting on a chair in her alfresco. It was still kind of dark and the only source of light was coming from the house's outdoor lights.

"It's a blunt splitter." She said almost muttered, not losing focus on the stuff in front of her, I didn't know what it was but it seemed cool. My silence led her to give me a quick glance, "It's a tool used for making marijuana blunts."

"Sick." I said acting interested as I watched her demonstrated exactly what she was saying. Honestly, I didn't care what it did but it looked rather useful.

"Yeah, all you have to do is push a fucking blunt through it, and the shit splits perfectly every time." She pushed the cigar she was going to use for her blunt through the tube. She looked up at me making sure I was watching every move. "This has a razor blade positioned on the inside that sticks out slightly on the inside of the tube." The razor blade cut the tobacco wrapper down the length of the cigar without damaging the outer leaf wrapper that held the tobacco inside the cigar.