6

It had probably been three days since the last time I spent the night in my house. I figured I should go home and drop Ariana off who was now sulking in her seat since the beginning of the ride to her house. However, I had tried asking her to sleep at mine knowing she had gotten used to having me so close to her at night.

I loved sleeping next to her, she radiated heat but the biggest adjustment I had to make was waking up some nights with absolutely no blankets on me and no way to get the blankets back without waking her up because she had spun them to herself while cuddling to my side.

Baby you got me like ah, woo, ah

Don't you stop loving me (loving me)

Don't quit loving me (loving me)

Just start loving me (loving me)

I sang my other girlfriend's song out of tune but passionately while Ariana laughed recording me with her phone. If I said the fourth and fifth out loud, I would be dead.

I turned the volume down a little knowing she wasn't fond of talking with background noises. "We can still grab some clothes you're wearing for tomorrow so you can sleep at mine though." I suggested knowing there were only a couple of tops of hers my house had and certainly would be harder than usual to choose from.

I felt her glanced at me after putting her phone down as I was paying attention to the road, "Can I wear one of your sweaters, please?" She nervously asked knowing she had mostly half of my clothes already hanging in her closet.

I chuckled at the rare shyness, "Of course."

"Why are you turning?" She asked when I turned from the far left lane on my side pulling the steering wheel down.

I checked for oncoming traffic that may be entering the intersection as I mumbled, "You don't need your clothes anymore." Completed the U-turn in the right lane traveling in the opposite direction.

She looked at me in annoyance realising I just made an illegal U-turn as there was a sign that prohibited them. "You're gonna get us killed before I could even finish my alb–." She was interrupted when her phone made a sound indicating she had gotten a new notification. Saved by the bell indeed.

Looking at the straight road ahead, I was tempted do dumber shit. Instead of maintaining consistent pressure on the accelerator as I pushed down, I turned aside abruptly before hearing a bang from the window, "Babe, slow dow–fuck!" The light contact her hand made to my arm caught my attention and looked at her. "Fucking asshole!" Her tried to raise her voice but was struggling because of the trembling. "It hurts." She cried out lowly, putting her hand up where the window had hit her head, massaging it lightly. The corner of her lips were struggling from pouting, her eyes were starting yo become watery as she was looking at me. I was looking back and forth to the road in front of me and her.

I felt bad. Fuck.

I quickly reached over and wrapped my arm around her head to pull her to my side, "I'm sorry, baby, does it hurt?" I asked lacking common sense. I planted a kiss on the top of her head as soon as I felt her hand held mine. Thank god, she wasn't mad. "I'll drop you off and pick you up tomorrow, then we can have vegan food for the whole day the next day." I tried making amends for the wrongdoing which hopefully she would accept.

She lifted her head up and I felt her glancing up at me, "I can't now, Frankie said he wass coming over." I took a glance at her and gave her a reassuring smile knowing how she was feeling right now. I then made a U-turn again but this time it was smooth and careful

but still illegal...

Being with Ariana never became an issue, I loved being with her twenty-four seven, every second of it. I just thought spending time by ourselves individually made us focus on different things being an essential part of our relationship that helped to ensure we both retained our own individuality while also growing together as a couple. It was natural.