Chapter 11

Tallinn

Tallinn

Autumn 2019

Their next destination was Tallinn.
From Neil's rigid face it was clear that it was the latest place he wanted to go.

At the camp they reunited with Wheeler, Barbara and other agents.
Crystal was impatient to deal with the inversion, but for Neil's sake she contained her enthusiasm and didn't dare to mention it.

"So you insist on taking a flat for your own" Neil commented with some bitterness when she showed him her new home.

"I always need a place to hide from you" she justified with a malicious smirk.

He scoffed "Like that's possible".

"You can come here, when you get tired of your new palace" she teased him. He already showed her his new expensive place and she felt intimated, while the rooms she chose were cozy "Also, having two places can throw off possible stalkers".

"That's clever" he agreed.

"So what do you want to do?".
"I'm open to any suggestion. Let's cuddle?" he offered, glancing at the bedroom.

She looked out of the window. The sun was still high in the sky "I want to see this city. We can spend our evening and night here. We go shopping?".

"Why? Do I smell?" he raised his arm to sniff his armpit.

She laughed "No, but your outfits were good for Miami, not a place like this".

Going shopping together was something new.
Neil had a good taste on clothes, but she wanted to also add something of her personal tastes.

"Can we move to the underwear section? That's my favourite" he suggested while she lingered on some nice dresses that caught her attention.

"Underwear for you?".

"No, for you" he corrected her with a naughty grin.

"I'm not making a show for you in a shop" she protested flustering, kicking him lightly between his legs.

Neil winced, but didn't desist "Come on, when you said shopping, the only thing I had in mind since then was to help you choosing your underwear".

"I can agree only if it's mutual" she offered "You have to try some underwear too".

Neil agreed straightaway.

Although it was something unusual and not so appropriate, she had fun and was satisfied to see Neil amused and happy.
In the end they had several packs to carry to their new home.
While the assistant started with the bill, her eyes lingered on a chiffon scarf.
"What do you think of this?".

"I don't know" Neil stood still as she placed it around his neck.
"I like it" she said "Can I buy it for you? I think it's better than trying to surprise you with presents that you could dislike".