Chapter 19: What You Don't Know Can Hurt You.

A/N: Hello from the land of Kiiro! Note that in this chapter, italicized sentences are NOT spoken in English this time. This chapter heavily refers back to Despair, and some previous tidbits in other chapters. POV and time will change a lot, so make sure not to skim through this chapter or you will be confused. Happy reading!

"Was it really you? The notes? The texts? The flower?"

Kiyoko Shimizu: 5:41 a.m (流れ者)
      Waking up at 4 am wasn't the ideal plan for a school day, but it's what I have to do for this plan to work. I've tied every loose end. Planned out every path to victory and made sure that the path to failure is nonexistent. 

      First, place the note. Get Y/N-San paranoid. Make them feel unwanted, outcasted, alone. That will cause them to make rash decisions, keep quiet, deal with this on their own. They seem like that kind of person, anyway.

      If they don't? Thought of that too. Make them keep quiet. Threaten the things they hold dear, manipulate the playing field. Nothing will get in my way, they've already caught Tanaka-Kun's attention, and I can't let that happen.

Kiyoko Shimizu: 6:27 pm (Sayuri)
      Befriend them. Earn their trust. Gain a spot on the inside. It was hard to stay friendly when all I wanted to do was threaten them to stay away from Tanaka-Kun. I can see his curious glances at them and it breaks my heart. They need to go.

      Staying behind to play around with Nishinoya-kun was an unexpected bump in the road, but nothing I can't smooth out. Just watch from afar. Stalk your prey. Paranoia, that's what we need. "H-Hello?" And that's what we got. 

      The fear in Y/N-san's voice when they called had my smile dripping with satisfaction. Maybe the other note I left did it in. 

      I almost laughed when they started running. Almost. But all the joy I got from seeing them terrified was washed out by the anger I felt when they ran into Tanaka-Kun, my Tanaka-Kun. I wanted to rip them apart. I wanted Y/N-San gone.

"You took him away from me."

Kiyoko Shimizu: 8:39 pm (Exhausted Energy)

      I. Wasn't. Expect. This. This isn't good. This isn't good at all. I hate this. I hate this ihatethisihatethis. That bitch. Today was supposed to be my day. My perfect weekend plans ruined. 

      All I wanted was to admire Tanaka-Kun from afar as he went about his day. Was that too much to ask? Did they just have to be with him? I didn't plan this. They ruined everything. My plans, my tactics, my life. Tanaka-Kun is all I have going for me. He's the only thing that makes me feel happy, and they're trying to take him away. 

Paranoia. The human brain makes rash decisions when paranoid. More fear. I need more fear. 

A burner phone. 

Unlisted number. 

I already have hers on my personal phone. 

This will be easy. 

Fear will let me control everything.