Chapter 10: Sack O' Potatoes

"Come on, get up! You can't stay in bed all day!" Kei groaned as he dragged my limp body out of the comfort of my warm bed. I didn't want to get up, I just wanted to lie in bed all day and sleep. I just felt exhausted. I grumbled in protest to my brother's efforts to drag me back into the real world. I didn't make any effort to help him get me up, I just stayed limp. He could use the exercise anyway, work out that volleyball bod. "Y/N, come on. It's like 1 o'clock." Kei kept trying to convince me. "Nooo. Let me sleep some more." Kei scoffed and let go of the arm he was pulling, leaving me halfway on the bed, my lifeless body unmoving as I accepted my fate. 

      "Is this about Nishinoya-senpai again?" Kei asked. His question caused my body to stiffen. "Y/N, you can't let someone you just met make you a sack of potatoes." He poked my stomach with his foot, causing me to sigh. "I get it, I get it. Yadda yadda I just met him blah blah blah." I grumbled. "If I knew why he had such an effect on me, I'd do something about it, trust me." I sat up, brushing my clothes off, standing in front of the blonde giant. "Don't we have a Japanese lesson today? Last time you said I needed more work on day-to-day Kanji." Kei snickered and ruffled my already messy bed hair. I sighed, reaching for my hairbrush and towel, prepared to get ready for the day. "Yeah, but why don't we take our lessons into the real world?" I turned around, looking at Kei with curiosity, "You mean going out and looking at the Kanji scattered about Miyagi?" Kei nodded and I thought about it for a bit. I still felt drained and tired, but maybe going out will make me feel better. "Yeah sure," I shrugged  "Let me get ready."

      I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, and got dressed in some comfy clothes. I took this time to look at my phone which I had been ignoring until now. The screen lit up, and I saw multiple notifications, some from social media, games, random apps but I saw a few messages in the group chat I had with Hitoka and Kiyoko. 

Hitoka ( °٢° ): Y/N-chan! How was that training with Nishinoya-senpai!

❀Kiyoko❀: Oh, so that's what you stayed back for? Did it go well?

Hitoka ( °٢° ): Y/N-chan where are you? (◕︵◕)

❀Kiyoko❀: Are you okay? 

Y/N •ᴥ•: Hey! I'm okay, sorry for not responding, it was a long night...

Y/N •ᴥ•: It went okay, I'm sore though (╥_╥)

Hitoka ( °٢° ): Y/N-chan! I'm glad you're okay! 

❀Kiyoko❀: Me too

Hitoka ( °٢° ): I hope you feel better. What are you doing today?

Y/N •ᴥ•: Kei is taking me out to explore Miyagi

❀Kiyoko❀: Sounds fun ●‿●

Hitoka ( °٢° ): Sounds really fun! 

Y/N •ᴥ•:  I hope it'll be as fun as it sounds! I have to go, text you guy later :) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      "And what does that one say" I rolled my eyes, "It's another sushi takeout place Kei. I know I need to work on my Kanji but I'm not a 7-year-old." Kei only seemed to laugh at my reaction. We've been walking around town for a while, now and then Kei would point out a sign and ask me what the place was. "I'm getting hungry, let's get something to eat," Kei exclaimed as he dragged me to a small food stand offering lamb skewers. They gave off a delicious aroma, making my mouth water. Eating the skewer was even better. Miyagi always had the best food. "I missed this." I sighed. "Missed what?" I smiled to myself, taking in the moment I was in. "Everything, I missed Miyagi, I missed you guys, I missed the food, the scenery, the people. I even missed the smell. Ever since I got here, I've been the happiest I've ever been!" I exclaimed, "Well... besides what happened yesterday, but that's not the point." I cringed, awkwardly laughing to keep my own sanity intact. 

      "I missed you too, Y/N. Everything got so dull ever when you moved." Kei reminisced. We continued to walk around as we looked back on old, fun memories we had together. "Remember the time where Yama-Kun frantically called me in the middle of the night, freaking out cause he accidentally spilled something on you dino plushie, pleading with me that he didn't want to die?" I snorted as Kei made a sour face towards the memory. "Yeah... I remember." He bitterly exclaimed which caused me to burst into laughter. Poor Yamaguchi was terrified. "Hey, why don't we walk around the park for a bit? Then we can head home." Kei offered, I happily agreed, excited to see more pretty sights, as we walked to the park. 

      "How are your classes going?" I asked the blonde. He gave a simple shrug, responding with the boring 'They're fine'. I urged him to tell me more, which he lazily obliged too. "Math is always boring but there's this girl who won't leave me alone." He groaned, I snickered at his obvious annoyance. I always thought it was hilarious how Kei is always getting unwanted attention from girls. "Don't laugh! She's always in my business! It's so annoying." I lightly pat his back, "Aww Nii-san is having girl issues." I teased in a baby voice. This only annoyed him further as I saw his eyebrow twitch. "Don't patronize me." He grumbled. Always such a grump. "You're annoying too but I have to deal with you." I gasp, putting my hand to my chest, pretending to be hurt by his comment. "Nii-san you're so mean to me!" I exclaimed in a dramatic tone. Kei huffed, rolling his eyes. 

      "I'm gonna go get a drink from the vending machine over there, do you want anything?" Kei grumbled. I looked over, surprised to see a little canopy with some vending machines under them. Cool. "No thanks, you go ahead, I'll wait here." Kei went on ahead as I sat down on a nearby bench, breathing in the fresh air of the park. I looked at the leaves swaying in the wind and the delicate flowers strewn about the grass. So calming and peaceful. I leaned my head back, closing my eyes as I took a deep breath. I thought about the past couple of days. Meeting Kiyoko and Hitoka, meeting Nishinoya, getting those weird notes. I was used to harassment. It was part of my daily life when I lived with my birth parents. I went through hell some days, what could these minuscule notes do to me? Then again, back then I knew who was putting me through hell, this sense of mystery added on a level of dread that was new to me. Snap out of it Y/N you're fine. "Whoever is doing this to you is probably a coward anyway."

"Whoever's doing what to you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Okay so, this chapter is a bit rushed, it's been hectic for me recently but I didn't want this week to go without a chapter. So it's short but hopefully next week will be better. Don't forget that you're beautiful!

 Don't forget that you're beautiful!