Chapter 5: Comfort Language

Oh god, what did you do, you dumbo?

           A loud crash came from downstairs, startling the bones out of my body as I involuntarily threw my phone in the air. Not wanting to break the precious item, I desperately tried to catch it, hitting it up in the air a few times until I finally caught it safely in my hands. A sigh of relief escaped my lips as a tall, tired looking Kei opened my door. "What did you do?" he asked, grumpily. "Nothing, that noise came from downstairs, dumbo." I retorted, I thought it was you who made that noise... Kei looked towards the staircase and left to go downstairs. I got up from my bed and followed him, curiosity getting the best of me. As we arrived downstairs, we saw nothing out of place initially, until we got to the kitchen where a flustered Kaa-san was sweeping up some flour off the floor. She turned to look at us, she was startled at first, but then looked guilty, "Sorry for waking you two up, I was looking for a snack, and well, I should've turned the lights on before, not after, knocking over the flour." Kei and I giggled, telling her it was fine. She shooed us back to our rooms, gave us more good night hugs, and went back to the mess. 

      I sat back down on my bed and looked at my phone again, deciding that it was best to just not torture myself by looking at Nishinoya's contact, I put my phone down and got under my covers. Ding! Shoot, I forgot to silence my phone. I groaned and picked my phone back up, the screen's light blinding me a bit. Sitting up, I expected to see a message from Hitoka but what I saw instead made my mouth fall open. 

Message from: Nishinoya Yuu

Hey L/N-chan!

      C-chan?! My face burst out in red He called me chan... My heart couldn't take it, it was beating out of my chest. I opened the message seeing that in my panic of trying not to drop my phone... I sent the message. Stupid but thank you? I didn't know what to do next though, what should I say? What should I do? Pretend I'm asleep? That would be rude... Get Kei's advice? He's probably asleep and waking him up would be like poking a dinosaur. Ding! I looked back down at my phone.

Y/N •ᴥ•: Hey, Nishinoya-senpai. It's L/N. 

Nishinoya {•̃̾_•̃̾}: Hey L/N-chan!

Nishinoya {•̃̾_•̃̾}: Shouldn't you be in bed? It's late!

      Panic. He was right, it was late. It's not like I could say I saw him outside my window and thought about him for the 100th time today. Just breathe. I calmed myself down, there was no need for me to be so stressed. It's just Nishinoya, just tell him you didn't mean to bother him and you're going to bed. 

Y/N •ᴥ•: Hey, Nishinoya-senpai. It's L/N.

Nishinoya {•̃̾_•̃̾}: Hey L/N-chan!

Nishinoya {•̃̾_•̃̾}: Shouldn't you be in bed? It's late!

Y/N •ᴥ•: You're right, sorry for bothering you, just couldn't sleep. ●︿●

Nishinoya {•̃̾_•̃̾}: It's okay! Is there something you wanted to tell me?

      I sighed defeated, I'm screwed. Quickly thinking up a lie, I innocently tell him I was interested in the offer he made me during practice tonight. Which, wasn't completely untrue. I was interested, but also terrified. I didn't even know where to start. I huffed, I'll ask Kei for help later...

Y/N •ᴥ•: You're right, sorry for bothering you, just couldn't sleep. ●︿●

Nishinoya {•̃̾_•̃̾}: It's okay! Is there something you wanted to tell me?