34: Ghost Stains

Do I put a cry warning here??
Oh well, just prepare for emotion overload.

Also, remember to drop Le Vote☆

Peter held his head up, praying gravity take charge and pull the tears back into his head before they had a chance to fall

He had held them back at the site of the incident. He had held them back when he crossed the reception in only a bathrobe and hotel slippers, subjecting himself to judgements from whoever saw him, convincing himself that people stole hotel supplies all the time.

The difference this time, however, was that he had been in full view of whoever saw him.

Pain hit raw and harder now that he was outside, wrapped in the concealing darkness of the night, away from perked ears and prying eyes. Sadly, he wished his own eyes would stop trying to pry tears he didn't want to cry. His throat was scratchy as he dry heaved, suppressing the shudders that came both from the cold and the ache.

When he was sure that he wasn't shaking enough to drop his phone, Peter pulled it out, tracing his thumb over the new crack that ran across the side and ended halfway across the screen. It reflected the inward crack that broke through him when he woke up to witness Colin in a heated make out session with someone else, and it physically manifested after he fell to the ground upon bursting out of the room-- right when Colin hit him with the door.

That had been a mistake, surely. But the extended kiss hadn't.

Shaking any thoughts that would have tears pooling in his eyes again, Peter went through his phone to the Uber app and called a ride. The nearest one was seven minutes away and he figured it was enough time to decide where he would go. The apartment didn't appeal to him tonight. Neither did Colin.

"Hey. Peter," Colin called. Speak of the devil. His footsteps echoed on the cement as he ran towards where the Asian who stared right ahead of him. "I sound like a broken record right now but I'm sorry, I really am."

"Then why did you keep everything away from me until now, huh? Why did you wa-wait until-- for so long?" Emotion was thick in his voice and he didn't like how whiny he sounded. He especially didn't like how the floor swayed under his feet when he turned and met Colin's eyes.

Peter crossed his arms and pressed his fingers into his flesh, trying to stop his gaze which fell from the distressed look on Colin's face to the arm he held against his side.

Red slithered from the cut that ran across Colin's knuckle, a few drops spilling to the ground as he shook his clenched hand, face set in a grimace. "I wish I had an answer for you but... I don't," Colin sighed.

"When I asked, it was always 'I don't like Marcus. It's complicated.' Tonight it seemed that you liked him enough to be fucking kissing him."