Special: Cast and Writer Interview

The cast and writer behind SATCK sit to answer your questions!
P.S : There's a sketch I made of Peter in this update.

Let's get on with it, shall we:

1. Peter, are you just naturally this stupid or did you smash your head into a wall several times?
Peter: This... this is the first question I get asked? And Slimm allowed it? Whatever. The answer would be the first, but I'm not stupid (a lot) so it's neither. Fuck off.

2. Slimm, what was your favourite scene to write in the entire story?
Slimm: I would say the night at the pool. It was just wholesome, and for the first time Peter actually made a move and acted on his feelings. Rereading that scene feels almost surreal, and I absolutely love it to this day.

3. What happened to Kayla and her best friend?
Peter: Why are you bringing them in this? Well, since you wanna know, I got a voodoo doll for both of them and--
Colin: Don't listen to him. They are both very much alive, but aren't particularly the best of friends anymore. Kayla did not take getting hit on by him well, especially after she let him thrash Peter... even though he kinda deserved it.

4. Colin, since you're here, what do you love most about Peter?
Colin: (rubs palms together) This is pretty easy. It's his as-
Peter: Hey!
Colin: His astonishing personality. Like, come on, have you ever seen such a truckload... of spiteful affection? Also, his beautiful eyes. And his rare smiles, those are nice.

5. Peter, what do you love most about Colin?
Peter: The fact that he's dating me (laughs) I'm kidding. Well, most? I love that he lets me have his hoodies and also, the great sex.
Colin: Wow, okay.

6. Slimm, how old are your MCs?
Colin: I'm 25.
Peter: (in a singsong voice) I dunno about you, but I'm feeling 22.
Dakota: Also 22 here. But I'm not doing that weird singing thing Peter just did.
Marcus: I'm 26 years old.
Lily: Am I an MC? Because I'm 9.

7. Lily! How do you tolerate your dumbass uncle?
Lily: (shocked) Peter's dumb? Well, I don't know about that, but he gets annoying sometimes and I guess not being able to see him helps?
Peter: I will pretend for the rest of my life that I never heard you say that, Flower.

8. Colin, have you and your friends ever been busted by the cops for your graffiti?
Colin: (groaning) Multiple times. Why do you think I know Darren?

9. Marcus, what happened in your life that turned you into a neanderthal asshole, or were you just born this way?
Marcus: Slimm, was this question read through before coming my way? Anyway, nothing except my gloriousness happened. You may see me as heartless, but remember you're also naïve. And if having class and success makes me an asshole, I have no problem gaping.

10. How does Marcus feel knowing he's one of the most popular models of his time?
Marcus: Good, actually. It gets a little overwhelming at times, seeing my life and business everywhere, but popularity comes with that.

11. Slimm, who's your favorite character and why?
Slimm: Do I really have to choose? I love them all so--
Peter: Just let them all know it's me, Slimm. It'll save you the time of having to lie. I mean, you drew me!
Slimm: In truth, I love every single character in different ways. But yes, it's likely Peter. His indecisiveness and impulsive acts are traits he got from me, and he is heavily inspired by my friend! (but my actual favourite is Lily, she has my heart)

12. Slimm, how did you get the idea to write this story?
13. Slimm, what's the thought process behind this story?
Slimm: I took the decision to start writing this book somewhere in June 2020 after I started reading books which included lgbtq representation. The premise had been lurking at the back of my mid for a long time, but I didn't think of writing it until I came across a wattpad book by another Ghanaian, and it was a bxb one. That actually served as a boost and made me realize if she could do it, so could I! The first chapter of this book was published on my 18th birthday (haha) and you can find the book birthday in the description.
The same friend who inspired Peter was also another reason this book came into existence---Peter is practically the fictional version of him because they're alike in so many ways. Fun Fact: some of our conversations have appeared in the book as dialogue!