Chapter 2

When she reached the bus stop, it was 7:45, 15 minutes before the bus will come. Her best friend, Arden, was already there. Arden had short, blond hair, greenish- brown eyes and was a little short for her age.

"Hey Arden, Good morning." Sophia said.

"Hey." Arden answered, "How've you been? Woke up early again?".

"Yup." She replied, "I just don't get it, how is it I always wake up at the same time early when I go to sleep at different times late?!".

"Got me, I have no idea." Arden said.

They talked for about five minutes, before the subject of last night's dream came up. "So what dream woke you up today?" Arden asked curiously. "Well..." Sophia started, "I dreamed I was an eagle, and that I was flying freely over a town, but I was too busy soaring to notice much. Then a bullet shot my wing and I woke up before I hit the ground, I woke up.".
"Ohhh, that sounds so awesome!" Arden said, "I wish I woke up early like you! I barely made it on time to the bus!". You could tell by how Arden was dressed that she did hurry this morning; she wore a yellow t-shirt, a faded green skirt, and dark green sneakers with socks to match. Her hair was a little messy, and she had a tired look in her eyes.

"But you could've come later. Why didn't you?" Sophia asked. "Oh, you know me, I always come early!" She said, which was true. She did always come early, and Sophia never understood why.

--------------
The bus pulled up, Sophia and Arden climbed in. In the bus, four seats from the front, they saw their other friend, Melanie. Melanie had long, black, curly hair and green eyes.
Sophia and Arden slipped in to the seat next to Melanie. "What's up, Mel?" Arden asked. "I'm fine, didn't sleep much, but I'm fine." She answered with a yawn, "You woke up early again, Soph? What did you dream this time?".
"I dreamed I was an eagle and I got shot, and I woke up before I hit the ground." Sophia answered. Only her friends knew about her dreams, they were the only ones she trusted.
The bus came to a halt, they've reached he school parking lot. The three girls looked out the window to see the rickety, old, victorian building they recognized as the school.
They walked in, along with everyone else on the bus.
Everyone went their separate ways. Sophia, Arden, and Melanie all walked into their math class- the only class that wasn't boring.
The classroom was very colorful. So colorful, in fact,you could've assumed it was a kindergarten class rather than a ninth grade math class. The sources of color were the handmade posters with equations, charts, and graphs hung around the room.
The reason it wasn't boring was because it was taught by Sophia's favorite teacher, Mr. DeNero. He was the only teacher in the entire school who tried to make his lessons fun and easy to understand. All the other teachers taught as if the only degree they got was a degree in boredom.
"Good morning, class!" Said Mr. DeNero, with a hearty smile and a bright smile on his face.
"Good morning." Replied everyone else.
"Today" he continued, "we are going to review what we learned about parabolas."
The class went on, Sophia sat there and listened to every word. They learned and learned until the bell rang, signaling the start of recess. "Class is over. I'll see you all tomorrow!" Said Mr. DeNero. The class slowly emptied, and deep down, everyone was disappointed that the class ended so quickly.
--------------
That recess the three girls sat on the stairs of the building's back door. It was their favorite place to hang out because there was less noise and they had the privacy needed to talk about any silly old thing they wanted.
"That Mr. DeNero is something special" said Arden, as she bit into an apple, "why can't the other teachers be more like him?"
"Got me." Answered Sophia, her mouth full of peanut butter and banana sandwich. It was the best answer she could give. Everyone, including the other teachers, were impressed by his amazing teaching skills. It almost seemed to... Hypnotize you.