chapter 23

POV: Shadow
I gained back consciousness and found myself restrained once again. I could tell the commander had been waiting for me to wake up. I glared at him before he even had begun talking which made him shut his mouth and come up with something else to say.

"Oh, don't look like that. Aren't you glad you get to see your mate." The commander grinned.

"How can I not look at you like I want to murder you?" I snarled at him. My hands were tied behind my back and attached to the wall. If it weren't for that, I would have shut up the commander forever as soon as my eyes opened.

All the commander did was laugh. He had my son in his grasp and put him in a small cage that he locked. My son was whimpered and making little noises that he would make to Sonic. He wanted his-

Father? Mother? What is Sonic to our son? He is a male which makes him a father but he is the mother figure which makes him a mother.

I shook my head. Now was not the time to think about that.

"There we go." The commander had turned the multiple little screens into one big screen. I could see Sonic. He was trapped in a room and headbutting the metal door.

"Well then. Let's begin, shall we?"

The commander told his man they could open the hatch and let the seme in.

My ears lowered. I knew what was going to happen. He wasn't healed from giving birth. Having someone breed with him was going to hurt him. And right now, he was tiring himself out. He had not gained back his strength either.

A month ago, I couldn't care less if this was going to happen. Now, I couldn't stand the thought of someone else being around Sonic let alone mating with him.

POV: 3rd person
The group had gone as far as figuring out that the chaos emeralds played a part in the disappearance of Mobians. Even though the group had no idea where the chaos emerald had been used for, they decided to go look for the gems.

Tails had dug up his chaos energy transmitter from between his other inventions and went to search together with who left of the team of heroes together with Rouge. The Chaotix took Ray with them and the Babylonian went with just the two of them.

"How long before we will have all seven Chaos Emeralds?" Amy asked after a while of walking. The chaos transmitter hadn't detected anything so far.

"Faster than without the transmitter." Tails answered, not taking his eyes off the screen. A frustrated groan came from the pink hedgehog. That answer was not good enough, and Tails picked that up so changed his reply. "Well, I'm not certain. The Chaos Emeralds could have gone far or stayed rather close." That answer wasn't much better, but he didn't have anything better.

"Or we use our own made Chaos Emeralds!" Sticks suggested, not like they had something like that.

"Sticks, that's impossible." Tails sighed, slightly irritated by her nonsense. "You can't just create magic emeralds. That's not how it works."

"You don't know that!" Sticks objected.

"Why did you put her on the team again?" Rouge asked Amy in a low whisper. Amy shrugged. She had no idea.

"Woah!" The chaos transmitter was showing something, but it was rather odd.

"What is it?" The three girls asked as they turned to look at the young fox.

"I got a signal! More than one- wait.. seven?" Tails' expression of delight turned into one of confusion. It was impossible for there to be seven signals as they themself had two emeralds. "This isn't right." He gave the invention a light tap to see if it was glitching out.

"What do you mean?" Amy looked at the screen from over his shoulder.

"There are too many signals. That and they are rather weak." Tails explained. "Maybe it's broken?" He said out loud and went to coding.

"Well, it may not be." Rouge had flown up and was looking in the direction of the signals. "Just take a guess to whose base it leads."

"Eggman's.." The team sighed.