chapter 68

POV: 3rd person
"Argh! Get back here!"

"Should we help him?" Silver asked, watching Knuckles chase Skye and Stripes around. Sonic had asked him to gather the kids so they could be put to bed.

"Nah~" Sonic nuzzled his face in Silver's chest fur. He let Knuckles handle it by himself. He had offered a lot of kisses if Knuckles could get them on his own.

"Stand still for one second!" The youngest kids were already caught. Skye and Stripes were the problems since had control over their powers which didn't make them easy to catch. Pearl, Blue, and Junior were watching it unfold from the couch.

"I don't think he will get them." Tails stated.

"You just watch!" Knuckles had Stripes cornered. Before he could pick him up, he had run through his legs. He met up with his brother and giggled. The two were enjoying this game of chase. "I'm giving up.." Knuckles groaned and collapsed on the couch next to the two hedgehogs.

"You know that means no kisses." Sonic chuckled and sat up.

"Keep your kisses.." Knuckles grumbled. Sonic laughed then called the kids to come. They may not understand what he is saying but they do recognize their name so they went over to their dad.

"My two boys." Sonic picked them up and gave each of them a kiss.

"Favorite parent."

"..Maybeee." Sonic chuckled. The two fell asleep in his arms, having tired themselves out. "Time for bed." He got up. Silver took the twins and Tails brought Junior upstairs. It looked like it was bedtime for Knuckles as well.

The young each found their spot in the pile of blankets and pillows. Sonic gave Shadow a kiss on the forehead before closing the door to let them sleep.

"Sonic.." Tails spoke up. "I don't know if you want to.. but can we talk about what happened at the press conference?"

Sonic told Silver he would be there soon before sitting down with Tails in the fox's his room. "So what is it about?"

"Now that I know what happened.. what does that wolf have to do with it?" The young fox asked.

"That wolf.." Sonic sighed. "When I was put in the meeting room, I was weak. There was a fight going on in front of my box. They were fighting to get to me. Silver.. slipped right passed them and got to me first. That wolf came in after but he was taking away since he and Silver got aggressive towards each other and I couldn't get hurt.."

"Then.. why did he call you out like that at the press conference?" Tails asked.

"I don't know.." Sonic rubbed his face. "Maybe because of the anger that he didn't get me? I can't come up with another reason."

"And now the world has an idea of what happened.." Tails fiddled with his gloves. "Do you think you will ever tell them about your mates and pups?"

"I..." Sonic looked down. "I don't know.."

"I'm sorry for asking." Tails looked away, his ears folding back. He understood it was something Sonic rather didn't want to talk about.

"No, it's okay. It's an obstacle I need to push myself over.."

———

Sonic knew he would have to tell the press about what had happened. Not in great detail but that he had mates and kids now. They would find out sooner or later anyway.

Silver was happy with the day he got to spend with Sonic. It felt right, so right that he agreed on dating Sonic with which the blue uke was happy, Blaze was too.

The ivory hedgehog joined the cuddle that night. Sonic slept against Shadow, purring softly throughout the night. His purring got louder in the morning as he felt his ears being petted.

Sonic's eyes fluttered open and he looked up to see who was giving him the treatment. His eyes beamed with happiness. "Shadow!" He wrapped his arms around him.

Shadow chuckled at his reaction and ruffled his quills. "I assume you missed me?"

"Yes." Sonic purred, nuzzling his face in his chest. Shadow held him and gave him a kiss on his head. "You had me worried at first. I thought you were dead."

"I'm sorry for worrying you." Shadow gave him another kiss.

"All is okay now." Sonic leaned up and pecked his lips then laid his head on the seme's chest fur again.