chapter 73

POV: 3rd person
"I love you." Shadow was towering above the blue hedgehog, nuzzling him. The two had some alone time with Knuckles and Silver looking after the kids.

"I love you too." Sonic purred and wrapped his arms around the other's neck. He pulled the ebony seme down for a quick kiss.

"I want a bit more than just a peck." Shadow chuckled then leaned down and kissed his mate deeply. With five kids to keep an eye on, they hardly got any time for themselves. And they deserved some alone time.

Sonic's tail wagged rapidly. He enjoyed kisses. His lips were licked by Shadow's tongue. The ebony hedgehog wanted entree beyond those lips. And that entree he was granted when Sonic parted his lips for him. Shadow pushed his tongue in hungrily, yet softly.

Ebony hands rested on blue hips, caressing his sides. Sonic's breath hitched at first but then he let out a quiet moan at his mate's touch. Meanwhile Shadow's tongue was roaming around in the other's wet cavern. He earned soft moans which made him all the more excited.

A red striped hand moved lower till it grazed over a certain spot, gently rubbing it. Sonic's eyes widened and he closed his legs, stopping the hand from going further.

"D-Don't.. please.." Sonic averted his eyes as his ears folded back.

"I'm sorry!" Shadow apologized and pulled his hand back. He kissed his head. "I got carried away- I should have kept in mind that you were forced to mate. I'm so sorry."

"It's not.. that I don't want to.. I'm afraid since it hurt.." Tears swelled in the blue hedgehog's eyes. "I don't want to.. get pregnant again.."

"Oh Sonic.." Shadow sat up. He got Sonic on his lap and hugged him close. He didn't want to see him cry.

"I just wanna be normal... I don't.. don't want to be a freak.." Tears kept rolling down Sonic's muzzle.

After some comforting, Sonic had calmed and was curled against his mate's chest. He was sniffing, but no more tears. Shadow cupped his cheeks and kissed his nose. He felt bad for the blue hedgehog, all that he had been through. And he was still in that mess.

"Rest. You're stressed." Shadow laid the hedgehog down and put the covers over him. "We will look after the kids."

Sonic curled under the covers. His ears were pressed against his skull. He felt sad. He just wanted to be normal, a normal male.

Shadow told the blue uke's other mates about the uke's breakdown and that things shouldn't get heated since he didn't react well to that. Rouge overheard their talk while she was playing with Junior, or rather show him jewelry which he tried to grab since it was shiny.

The bat left, giving Junior a small green emerald to look after. She came back later that day, holding a letter. She showed the three males. The three were critical at first but agreed that it would be good for Sonic.

Rouge flew up a floor and put the letter on the nightstand. Sonic has fallen asleep after just lying in bed more some time. He would see the letter when he awakens.

The hedgehog's eyes fluttered open. He noticed something on the nightstand that wasn't there before. He sat up and grabbed the letter. He read it and tears appeared in his eyes as he held a hand over his mouth.

It was a letter from the hospital saying they were willing to perform surgery on him to remove the womb.

He would no longer be a freak. He would be normal.

Sonic wanted to go the very same day. The operation room was ready. He knew the risks and was willing to take them. He simply wanted to be normal, to feel normal.

The semes waited anxiously in the patient room where Sonic would be brought after the surgery. Shadow was pacing around the room. Knuckles was twirling his dreadlocks. Silver was fiddling with his gold cuffs.

When Sonic was brought in, still out cold, the three perked up. The bed was put in place and the semes eagerly gathered around it, wanting to know how their uke was doing.

"The sedation will wear off soon. He will wake up in a bit." The nurse told them before leaving the room. The three looked at the blue hedgehog. Sonic was in a hospital gown. There were little blood stains around his lower area.

"Hmmhm.." Sonic groaned as the sedation wore off. "M..Mates..."

"We're right here." Silver squeezed the blue hedgehog's hand.

"Sil..ver..." Sonic purred. He looked further around the room. "Knuc..kles... Shad..ow.." He got a kiss on the head from each of his semes.

The doctor came in to talk about how the surgery went. He estimated that Sonic will make a full recovery. "No sex while he's recovering." The doctor had said which got Sonic to turn red.

Sonic had to stay in the hospital for a few days to check if all was alright. When he was released, his semes brought him home. The stitches in his lower stomach were visible.

"My babies!" Sonic was very happy to see his kids again. Though the kids seemed to be even happier. They had missed their dad.

Sonic giggled when he got a kiss from his mates. He returned the kisses and his tail wagged.

Now that Sonic felt more male again with the womb removed, the four could recover from all that they had been through. That, and taking care of their five little ones.

THE END