𝐯. the lab!

𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾 - 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗅𝖺𝖻!

𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾 - 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗅𝖺𝖻!

The group had left the scrapyard and were now walking on the old train tracks. Steve and Spencer in the front, Max behind them, with Lucas and Dustin in the back. "You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asks Dustin.

"Yes. He had the exact same yellow pattern on his butt," Dustin replies with a sigh.

Max turns to face them, walking backwards, "He was tiny two days ago."

"Well, he's molted three time already," Dustin replies and the group comes to a halt.

"Malted?" Steve asks with a brow raised.

The younger kids let out groans, "Molted, Steve. Shed his skin to make room for growth, like hornworms," Dustin clarifies.

Max shakes her head, "When's he gonna molt again?"

"It's gotta be soon," Dustin answers, looking into the dark wood, "When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends."

"Ooo, like those big ole' Demogorgans you told me about," Spencer says, "Is that what they're gonna turn into?"

"That's our theory," Dustin replies with a weak nod.

Steve looks up, "Yeah, and if they're gonna grow they're gonna be eating a lot more than cats," He says with shake of his head. His shoulders slump slightly and his eyes seem to glaze over.

Spencer rests a hand on his shoulder. He turns to her quickly, but the blonde just gives him a kind smile. He smiles back weakly.

Lucas whips his head around to stare at Dustin, "Wait, a cat? He ate a cat?"

Dustin shakes his head quickly, his eyes wide, "No, what? No, what are you talking about?"

"You're a bad liar, Dusty-Bun," Spencer says and shoved a stick of gum into her mouth.

Steve looks at Dustin strangely, "Yeah? He ate Mews?"

Dustin stares at Steve in horror, "Mews? Who's Mews?" Max asks.

"Dustin's cat," Spencer replies with a shrug, popping a bubble afterwards.

"Spencer!" Dustin yells. Spencer glances at him in mock offense.

Lucas points at Dustin, "I knew it! You kept him!" He shouts.

"No! No. No...I...He missed me! He wanted to come home," Dustin stutters out with a defeated sigh.

"Bullshit!" Comes Lucas' reply.

Dustin throws his arms up, "I didn't know he was a Demogorgan, okay?"

Lucas glares at his friend, "Oh, so now you admit it?"

Spencer looks up at the sky, "Who cares? You both lied to each other, now the secrets are out. You should hug," She says with a grin.