𝐢. the skates!

𝗈𝗇𝖾  -  𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝗄𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗌!

𝗈𝗇𝖾  -  𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝗄𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗌!

Spencer laid on the table in the back room of Scoops Ahoy, where her boyfriend Steve worked. Kicking her legs back and forth, she sucked on a lollipop while Steve complained about his work uniform.

"It's just not practical! Like a sailor themed ice cream shop? Who thinks of that? Right, babe?" He asks once he finally stops pacing to stand in front of the blonde.

Spencer looks and takes the sucker out of her mouth to point it at the brunet, "Right-O, matey!" She exclaims loudly and winks at him playfully.

Steve rolls his eyes with a fond smile, "Don't mock my pain," He leans down and kisses the woman softly. He brings his head up to stare at her, "I still can't believe you cut your hair," He says and lightly taps one of her, now short, pigtails.

Spencer jumps up to sit on her knees, "Down with the patriarchy! Women can have short hair!"

Steve laughs loudly, "Gosh. I love you, Spence," His hair flops in front of his face and he does not take notice of the blonde's shocked expression.

Spencer's eyes shoot wide open and she falls off the table. Steve quickly runs over to help her up, the roller skates she insisted on wearing everyday after Hopper had bought them for her were not helping his struggle.

"You what?" Spencer asks timidly.

Steve holds her by the hands to keep her steady, "What do you mean?"

Spencer takes her hands back slowly, her skates rolling backwards a couple of inches, "You said you love me?"

Steve brows furrow, but then quickly shoot up as he moves toward her, "I'm sorry! I didn't mean it! Wait, no! No! I didn't not mean it, but-" He lets out a loud groan and props himself against the table.

Spencer stares at him for a moment as she ponders over her thoughts.

Did she love him? Well that was a silly question of course she did, but what she ready for that? She hadn't even told El or Hopper that she loved them yet and they were her family.

Spencer stood conflicted before pushing herself forward to stand in front of Steve. Grabbing his hands, Spencer hold them to her chest. "Steve, I do love you. I don't know if I'm ready for that yet. Ya' know? It's hard to explain, but that's just not something I'm used to."

Steve nodded slowly, "I understand, it just slipped out. I never want to put you in a position where you feel uncomfortable, I will wait forever for you Spencer. Even if it that never comes," He smiles softly at the blonde.

A wide, chaotic grin appears on Spencer's face and she squeals loudly. Jumping forward, she throws her arms around Steve's neck and wraps her legs around his waist.