𝐯𝐢𝐢. torture, baby!

𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇 - 𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗎𝗋𝖾, 𝖻𝖺𝖻𝗒!

The machine whirred from inside. The five stared at it from the opposite side of the glass door. Steve and Dustin whipped their heads to one another, "The gate," they said simultaneously. Spencer muttered the word under her breath in disbelief.

They rushed back to the stairs and hurry down them, "I don't understand. You three have seen this before?" Robin asked as they stepped off the last stair.

"Not exactly, well Spencer has," Steve responded hurriedly.

"Then what is it?" Robin asked.

Spencer shook her head, "Very bad."

"Really bad," Steve asked.

Dustin nodded and said, "Like, end-of-the-human-race-as-we-know-it kind of bad."

"And you know about this how?" Robin questioned.

Before anyone could answer, Erica looked around the comms room, "Uh, Steve? Where's your Russian friend?"

They all looked around in search for the man, before anyone could speak an alarm began to blare. Steve cursed and ran to the door, he poked his head out. Russian guards begin shouting at him, "Halt! Halt!" they yelled.

Steve slammed the door, "Go, go, go, go, go!" He ushered the others to run. Dustin pushed through two double doors and hung a quick right. The others followed, but stopped as scientists stared at them.

"Go! Go!" Steve exclaimed and yelled obscenities. The group ran through their control room and down a set of stairs. The large machine stares down at them, but they had no time to inspect it. The Russian guards ran down the stairs after them.

"Blast them! Blast, Spencer, blast!" Dustin shrieked out.

The group ran on to a catwalk and Dustin shoved a man in a hazmat suit over the railing. Spencer turned around and held out both fists. Her eyes and veins began glowing as a blast of energy left her outstretched hands. The two guards in front were knocked over the railing. Spencer ran backward and worked on taking out the guards as she did so.

Turning back around, Spencer followed the others down the stairs. Dustin yelled out continuously. He sucked in a large breath before beginning again.

The group was now in front of the opening gate. More guards ran down to meet them there, they charged at the kids, "Let's go!" Steve yelled and lead the group down more stairs.

A Russian in a hazmat suit stood in their way. Spencer ran in front and extended her arm, a blast left her body, sending the man backward.

Robin and Erica let out noises of surprise, and Dustin grinned. Guards surround the group, Steve threw a barrel at two of the guards and Spencer blasted a couple more. Once they had an opening, the group sprinted through a set of doors.