𝟎𝟎𝟎

( MADELAINE PRINCE )

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*"𝐈'𝐋𝐋 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐔𝐏" madelaine grunted out as she flew to the opposite side of the room, jumping from wall to wall trying to escape diana's kicks. her mentor had been training her non-stop all week preparing for her initiation into the justice league.

"and why's that?" diana asked sending a punch to the young girls stomach making her groan out before falling to the matted floor of the training centre. 

"because they're boys" the girl moaned out from the floor as she held her stomach, any other day and she'd already be up and fighting again but she hadn't had a break all day and the effects of how exhausted she was were catching up with her.

"you spend most of your time with boys" diana stated flipping to the ground from mid-air sticking a hand out to the girl, which she begrudgingly accepted before rolling her eyes.

"no i don't" madelaine began arguing as she loosened her white hair from its ponytail letting it escapade down to her lower back, she'd have to put an illusion back over it later making sure it was back to its usual black. picking up her water bottle and taking a seat against the wall.

"so it wasn't roy sneaking out through the window this morning?" diana asked with a small smirk in the girls direction as she slightly began to choke on her water , calming down and ignoring the older woman's eyes.

"he just slept round. i swear. been there, done that" the teenager waved off with a small shrug as if she liked the boy like that. they dated for a few months then broke up, but stayed good friends. that was it, they were nothing more.

"don't do anything which would result in mini demi-gods" diana laughed causing madelaine to open her mouth in mock offence, squirting her bottle in the woman's face. soaking the amazonian head to toe, her black hair now dripping.

diana opened her mouth in shock before picking up her own bottle and beginning a water fight with the girl. the girl she took in all those years ago, the girl she raised as her own, the girl she trained, the girl she expected to be a great hero and the girl she was betraying by lying to.

the girl she loved like her own child. her madelaine prince.

———

"𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐦'𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐧 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠?"  madelaine asked for the fifth time that day as she spun around in a wheelie chair at the hall of justice. being the only person her age at the place was really taking a toll on the girl and resulted in her bugging martian manhunter about his niece.

m'gann and madelaine had met when mads was only eleven and m'gann was twelve. both of them being on earth for the first time let them bond together, expressing how weird they found the place. m'gann would usually return to mars and the girls had limited times they were able to see eachother, astral projection was an option for the two though. the idea becoming easier for madelaine to control as the years went by.

"day after tomorrow as i've told you before" manhunter spoke in a monotone voice, not yet sick of the girl but her growing on his last set of nerves. he'd known her since she was a mere child and usually knew when he'd begin to reach his limits for the girls pestering.

suddenly the doors to the halls of justice opened and in walked batman and robin. batman looking too serious to even acknowledge madelaine and robin smirking once seeing the older girl. she wished she could make herself invisible like m'gann.

"no lady mystique today?" robin asked as he gripped the back of her chair and pushed her into another chair causing her to jolt forward a bit, the girl narrowing her eyes at the boy.

"no just pretty madelaine" she taunted as she flicked her midnight hair over her shoulder, the hair which matched his down to the brim. she was glad she had picked black for her hair, not thinking she'd suit any other colour to be honest.

"ugly madelaine you mean" robin snorted under his breath causing madelaine to send a small blast of energy towards the boy which he ducked causing her attack to hit the glass shelf behind him and sending small pieces all around.

batman and manhunter turnt towards the two teenagers, if she'd even call robin that, before looking towards the book shelf and back to where they were stood to see the both of them gone. a trick dick had taught her a year ago which she was actually quite appreciative for now.

"never speaking to you again" madelaine sighed as she and dick exited the building, the younger boy just smiling smugly before wrapping an arm around her shoulder which he just reached.

"awh come on mads, we'll be justice league members together soon!" he exclaimed happily making the girl let a small smile slip, the excitement catching up to her again.

"alright, alright. i guess i'll continue being your honorary big sister" she joked before ruffling up the boys hair and making a run for it away from him.

robin just scowled at his messed up hair before starting to chase after the girl he'd known since his childhood. if there was anyone who deserved to be a hero, it was madelaine prince.

all the two could now do was wait for the day to come where they'd finally be accepted as members of the team they'd been training half of their lives to join.