dare

*1D era*
"Harry truth or dare?" Louis asks his friend as they're sitting on the beach in the Bahamas.
"Uh dare" Harry responds confidently.
Louis looks around for a target, "I dare you... to get that girl to catch feelings for you." Louis points directly at you. The guys laugh at the horribly rude dare. Harry looks at you, rubs his palms together before standing up.
"You're actually gonna do it?" Naill asks.
"Well I was dared wasn't I?" Harry begins to walk over to you.

"Don't look now but I think Harry Styles is coming up to us. Act like we don't know him" your best friend quickly informs you.
"Hello lady's" Harry greets with his accent. You shyly smile at him. "I'm Harry."
"I'm y/bf/n." She introduces herself giddily.
"Uh I'm y/n" you follow her lead.
"Nice to meet you both. I just came over here to let you know just how stunning you look." Harry narrows his view to only you.
You face heats up with blush, "ha thank you" you laugh, not knowing what else to do. He grabs a napkin and a nearby pen and writes down his number, "in case you were gonna spend tonight alone" he winks, handing you the napkin before walking away.

You sit on the hotel bed trying to think of something fun to do. You look at the napkin you received earlier that day, then shaking the idea out of your head. He's a complete stranger, he could be a kidnapper or something, you rationalize.
"Text him" y/bf/n interrupts your thoughts.
"Its probably a fake number" you decline. Your best friend quickly reaches for your phone.
"NO!" You try to take it from her.
"Heyy! It's y/n, from the beach. I'm free tonight" she reads as she types. You leap for your phone.
"Did you send it?!" You look at the screen.
"Of course. I'm no amateur." She scoffs, almost offended.
"Right" you groan at the situation at hand. Your phone dings.
"Is it him?! Read it out loud!" She basically jumps out of her skin.
"How's dinner?" You read.
"Ahhhhh!" You both squeal in excitement.

"Can you believe it's been 10 months since we met?" Harry asks you, snaking his arms around your waist. You feel tingles rise to your skin as he rests his chin in your neck.
"Longest 10 months ever!" You groan sarcastically. The guys of One Direction laugh. Harry presses a gentle kiss to your neck. 
"Imagine if like one of you just didn't go to the beach that day" Zayn offers the thought.
"Hey, Harry imagine if I never gave you that dare" Louis laughs lightheartedly. Your face goes straight.
"What dare?" You question the group, a lump in your throat growing. "Harry?" His arms drop from around you and you face him.
"Um it's nothing. Louis' just making a dumb joke like always" Harry try's to play it off.
"What dare?" You repeat, backing away from your longtime boyfriend, beginning to feel weary. Harry looks around at his friends, Liam nodding at him to give you an explanation.
"Ok" Harry sighs, "the day we met, Louis dared me to try and get you to catch feelings for me"
"So I'm just a dare?" Your voice shaky. You feel like your heart was just ripped straight out of your chest, your lungs tight.
"Well originally but then I really started to like you and eventually love you. I really have never regretted anything more y/n" he sees the hurt in your eyes as tears fall from them.
"Everything was just a lie" you whisper more to yourself than anyone around. "I-I gotta go" you say quickly, leaving the apartment.
"Shit." Harry breathes, dropping his head.

After a few hours Harry begins to worry.
"Hey I've been trying to call you why haven't you picked up? Are you ok?" Harry speaks into his phone, not expecting you to answer.
"I'm ok. I just want to be alone for a few days. I-I need to think" you briefly explain before hanging up.